-   -   Automated listing of translations on each wiki page (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-docs/439073-automated-listing-translations-each-wiki-page.html)

Timothy Lee 10-13-2010 05:57 AM

Automated listing of translations on each wiki page

Dear all,

This is a continuation of the discussion on "Link to Chinese translation
in Wiki frontpage" dated 7 May 2009.

To re-cap, I have suggested that the patch in
http://moinmo.in/FeatureRequests/ThisPageInOtherLanguages can be used to
automatically generate links to translated pages at bottom right of the
wiki panel. In addition, I have proposed that the use of a dictionary
to look for translated page names should be dropped from the patch,
since our wiki strictly uses locale prefixes to label translated pages.

To that end, I have cooked up the proposed patch targeted for MoinMoin
1.5.9 (available in CentOS 5.5). I have uploaded the patch to
http://moinmo.in/FeatureRequests/ThisPageInOtherLanguages?action=AttachFile&do=view &target=simpler.patch
. It is also attached here.

I sincerely hope that the patch can be applied to the official CentOS
wiki, thereby making all translated pages a lot more more accessible to
the public.

Regards,
Timothy Lee

Karanbir Singh 10-19-2010 10:54 AM

On 10/19/2010 07:46 AM, Timothy Lee wrote:
>> I sincerely hope that the patch can be applied to the official CentOS
>> wiki, thereby making all translated pages a lot more more accessible
>> to the public.
> Ping?...

I'll look into this today.

- KB

Karanbir Singh 10-21-2010 09:08 PM

Automated listing of translations on each wiki page

On 10/19/2010 07:46 AM, Timothy Lee wrote:
>> I sincerely hope that the patch can be applied to the official CentOS
>> wiki, thereby making all translated pages a lot more more accessible
>> to the public.

I need to sync up with Ralph and get the dev instance of the wiki online
again.

- KB

Timothy Lee 11-03-2010 12:31 AM

Automated listing of translations on each wiki page

Dear Karanbir & Ralph,

On 10/22/2010 05:08 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 10/19/2010 07:46 AM, Timothy Lee wrote:
>>> I sincerely hope that the patch can be applied to the official CentOS
>>> wiki, thereby making all translated pages a lot more more accessible
>>> to the public.
> I need to sync up with Ralph and get the dev instance of the wiki online
> again.

Ping?...

Karanbir Singh 11-03-2010 05:32 AM

On 11/03/2010 01:31 AM, Timothy Lee wrote:
>> I need to sync up with Ralph and get the dev instance of the wiki online
>> again.
>
> Ping?...

I've been on the move for a few days and havent been able to sync up
with Ralph to get the dev wiki instance setup ( not being in the same TZ
makes things a bit harder ).

lets see if we can get this done in the next few days.

I've also been looking at various options to get commenting enabled for
the wiki pages, a more detailed and topical post about that shortly.

- KB

Karanbir Singh 11-11-2010 05:33 PM

On 11/03/2010 06:32 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 11/03/2010 01:31 AM, Timothy Lee wrote:
>>> I need to sync up with Ralph and get the dev instance of the wiki online
>>> again.
>>
>> Ping?...

Just a quick update - we are hoping to bring in a couple of machines
online in the next few days ( working through the issues with the Donor
today ). Ralph and I will get the development instance of the wiki
online there.

- KB

Ralph Angenendt 11-22-2010 08:09 PM

Am 03.11.10 02:31, schrieb Timothy Lee:
> Dear Karanbir & Ralph,

>> I need to sync up with Ralph and get the dev instance of the wiki online
>> again.
>
> Ping?...

Really sorry. The guys where we host our test/dev vms had a rough time
with their storage stuff, which made the vms rather unusable.

<http://wiki.dev.centos.org/> to your liking? I like it :)

Cheers and thanks,

Ralph

Ralph Angenendt 11-22-2010 09:00 PM

Am 22.11.10 22:25, schrieb Marcus Moeller:
> Dear Ralph,
>> <http://wiki.dev.centos.org/> to your liking? I like it :)
>
> Looks fine so far. Only the CSS of the top menu is a bit broken.

Where exactly? I ripped out an ad which crept into there, but that is
the same solution we have on the original, too.

Ralph

Manuel Wolfshant 11-22-2010 09:03 PM

On 11/23/2010 12:00 AM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Am 22.11.10 22:25, schrieb Marcus Moeller:
>
>> Dear Ralph,
>>
>>> <http://wiki.dev.centos.org/> to your liking? I like it :)
>>>
>> Looks fine so far. Only the CSS of the top menu is a bit broken.
>>

> Where exactly? I ripped out an ad which crept into there, but that is
> the same solution we have on the original, too.

the first link in Chinese in the top list is a couple of pixels below
the rest.

Ralph Angenendt 11-22-2010 10:39 PM

Am 22.11.10 23:03, schrieb Manuel Wolfshant:
> On 11/23/2010 12:00 AM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>> Am 22.11.10 22:25, schrieb Marcus Moeller:
>>> Looks fine so far. Only the CSS of the top menu is a bit broken.
>>>

>> Where exactly? I ripped out an ad which crept into there, but that is
>> the same solution we have on the original, too.
>>
> the first link in Chinese in the top list is a couple of pixels below
> the rest.

I don't see it (Firefox 4b7).

Ralph