Old 10-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Ville Skyttä

Default Improvement suggestion to "How do I disable IPv6"

http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/CentOS5#head-47912ebdae3b5ac10ff76053ef057c366b421dc4

This tip suggests creating a /etc/modprobe.d/disable-ipv6 file. However
modprobe from module-init-tools >= 3.7 will output this warning for it:

| WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/disable-ipv6, it will
| be ignored in a future release.

Simply changing the recipe to create a "disable-ipv6.conf" file instead of
"disable-ipv6" would make it more future proof.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Alan Bartlett

On 7 October 2010 16:00, Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi> wrote:
> http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/CentOS5#head-47912ebdae3b5ac10ff76053ef057c366b421dc4
>
> This tip suggests creating a /etc/modprobe.d/disable-ipv6 file. *However
> modprobe from module-init-tools >= 3.7 will output this warning for it:
>
> | WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/disable-ipv6, it will
> | be ignored in a future release.
>
> Simply changing the recipe to create a "disable-ipv6.conf" file instead of
> "disable-ipv6" would make it more future proof.

Noted and actioned. :-)

Thanks for mentioning it.

Alan.