Old 09-25-2010, 03:41 PM
"Robert P. J. Day"

Default why the weird avoidance of the name "red hat"?

i'm reading the FAQ:

http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/General

and i'm familiar with the deliberate avoidance of using the name "red
hat", but it seems a bit weird given that point 1 clearly avoids it
while point 2 boldly uses the name right in the question. so what's
the point of being so coy, but not all the time?

rday

http://crashcourse.ca

Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday

Old 09-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 25.09.10 17:41, schrieb Robert P. J. Day:

> i'm reading the FAQ:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/General
>
> and i'm familiar with the deliberate avoidance of using the name "red
> hat", but it seems a bit weird given that point 1 clearly avoids it
> while point 2 boldly uses the name right in the question. so what's
> the point of being so coy, but not all the time?

I guess it is the time the answers have been written in and by whom.

Regards,

Ralph