Old 01-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Dr Alan J Bartlett

Default Reporting for Duty.

Hello to the AdminGroup,

From what I have been told (by a very reliable source (AY)), I should direct this for the attention of Ralph.

In the nicest possible way, Community members Akemi and Ned (aka toracat and NedSlider) have been twisting my arm to get me to agree to join the Wiki editors. Being susceptible to the right sort of persuasion, I eventually agreed.

Over the last few weeks I have been assisting in the updating of two out of the three Kernel HowTos and Akemi now feels I should finish this off directly, myself. As the author of the third of those three articles, Akemi has suggested that I ask you to grant me editing powers for all three of them. So, here I am reporting for duty.

According to the HowToContibute, you will need to know my UserName. I assume this is my Community ID that I created back last October and shows up on my postings to the various fora? This is nothing more that a concatenation of my forename, middle initial and surname: AlanJBartlett.

Regards,
Alan.

Sounds like? How many syllables? Guess and win prizes with Search Charades!

Old 01-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Dr Alan J Bartlett wrote:
> According to the HowToContibute, you will need to know my UserName. I
> assume this is my Community ID that I created back last October and
> shows up on my postings to the various fora? This is nothing more that
> a concatenation of my forename, middle initial and surname:
> AlanJBartlett.

No, it's the one of your Wiki account (which is not related to the
accounts on the forum, as those account databases do not work together).

So yes, you need an account on the wiki ...

Cheers,

Ralph