Old 08-19-2010, 09:15 AM
Santanu Das

Default request for Wiki access

Hi there,
Please find the required information below:

username : SantanuDas
subject : OS X intregration: Enabling AFPD (Netatalk)
location : Networking tips

ref:
https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=27658&forum=38

Cheers,
Santanu

Old 08-19-2010, 09:17 AM
Santanu Das

I think "Working together with other operating systems" would be more
appropriate for this article.

-Santanu

Old 08-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Phil Schaffner

On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 10:17 +0100, Santanu Das wrote:
> I think "Working together with other operating systems" would be more
> appropriate for this article.

That sounds a bit too general. Liked your first try better. To me
seems the article describes "Building netatalk SRPMS and Installing on
CentOS-5". The name of the page itself needs to be a proper WikiName
such as BuildingNetatalk.

Phil

Old 08-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Santanu Das

that's fine; as you think it's better for the community.

-S

Old 08-19-2010, 02:11 PM
Phil Schaffner

Santanu Das wrote on 08/19/2010 08:19 AM:
> that's fine; as you think it's better for the community.

OK - Pending other comments, we need to await Ralph to grant access.

Phil

Old 08-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 19.08.10 16:11, schrieb Phil Schaffner:
> Santanu Das wrote on 08/19/2010 08:19 AM:
>> that's fine; as you think it's better for the community.
>
> OK - Pending other comments, we need to await Ralph to grant access.

Hmmm. Hmmm. Shouldn't that go under "Network" on the HowTo page? On the
other hand there is a "Working together with other operating systems" on
the Tips and Tricks page, maybe we need to duplicate that for the HowTos
page? Although the article is short enough (IMHO) to go under Tips and
Tricks.

Thoughts?

Or do we need (generally, this is not regarding this article) to go
through tips and tricks and put longer articles (The winbind one for
example) under HowTos?

Ralph

Old 08-21-2010, 05:39 PM
Phil Schaffner

Ralph Angenendt wrote on 08/20/2010 05:10 PM:
> Am 19.08.10 16:11, schrieb Phil Schaffner:
>> Santanu Das wrote on 08/19/2010 08:19 AM:
>>> that's fine; as you think it's better for the community.
>> OK - Pending other comments, we need to await Ralph to grant access.
>
> Hmmm. Hmmm. Shouldn't that go under "Network" on the HowTo page? On the
> other hand there is a "Working together with other operating systems" on
> the Tips and Tricks page, maybe we need to duplicate that for the HowTos
> page? Although the article is short enough (IMHO) to go under Tips and
> Tricks.
>
> Thoughts?

Seems OK there now; however, articles do tend to grow, so HowTos would
not be a bad idea if the author intends to expand further. Would leave
it to him.

> Or do we need (generally, this is not regarding this article) to go
> through tips and tricks and put longer articles (The winbind one for
> example) under HowTos?

I have had the same thoughts, Some reorganization would be a good thing
if somebody wanted to take it on.

Phil

Old 08-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Santanu Das

So, do I have the necessary access to the Wiki now? I got kinda confused.

Cheers,
Santanu

Old 08-25-2010, 11:14 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 24.08.10 18:47, schrieb Santanu Das:
> So, do I have the necessary access to the Wiki now? I got kinda confused.

http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/UsingNetatalk - looking over your
wiki article again, I think this is the most fitting place to put it at
the moment.

If the article gets longer over the time (and more HowTo-like), it still
can be moved.

Cheers and thanks,

Ralph