Old 07-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Ned Slider

Default edit by AlanBartlett

On 29/07/10 21:03, Akemi Yagi wrote:

> So, here comes the positive thinking part: what would have worked
> better if placing the query within the page did not do the job?
> 'Asking on this mailing list' comes to my mind. That way, chances of
> getting attention will be quite good. Posting here will also be
> useful especially if a question is something that is best discussed by
> people on the -doc list rather than something the person who wrote the
> sentence "decides".
>
> Akemi

I agree 100%

IMHO discussion should best take place on this docs discussion mailing
list, not within the docs themselves.

If you feel a paragraph/doc is broken, feel free to fix it - that's the
purpose of a Wiki. If you simply want to point out that a paragraph/doc
is broken, raise it here for discussion on how/who best to fix it.

I feel much the same way about this edit:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/postfix_sasl?action=diff&rev2=22&rev1=21

It adds nothing to the document and merely leaves the target audience
confused. If there's a simpler/better way then take 5 minutes to edit
the document to make that change.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Phil Schaffner

Ned Slider wrote on 07/29/2010 04:24 PM:
> I agree 100%
>
> IMHO discussion should best take place on this docs discussion mailing
> list, not within the docs themselves.

Let me add my 100% agreement. Queries and comments within the Wiki
articles will only confuse and frustrate Wiki readers. centos-docs is
the correct venue for such communications.

Phil

Old 07-29-2010, 10:32 PM
R P Herrold

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010, Phil Schaffner wrote:

> Ned Slider wrote on 07/29/2010 04:24 PM:
>> I agree 100%
>>
>> IMHO discussion should best take place on this docs discussion mailing
>> list, not within the docs themselves.
>
> Let me add my 100% agreement. Queries and comments within the Wiki
> articles will only confuse and frustrate Wiki readers. centos-docs is
> the correct venue for such communications.

You all agree all you want

'single point of truth' and agile techniques will happily
ignore you. So will I

Time to get rid of some wiki cruft

-- Russ herrold

Old 07-30-2010, 02:03 AM
Phil Schaffner

R P Herrold wrote on 07/29/2010 06:32 PM:
> Time to get rid of some wiki cruft

An excellent and constructive idea.

Phil