Old 06-24-2010, 03:40 AM
Brandon Wood

Default Wiki Page Proposal

Username: BrandonWood
Subject: HOW-TO Install the HP Proliant Support Pack (PSP) on CentOS 5
Location: In the HowTos section, under either a new section titled 'Server', the 'Non CentOS Applications' or the 'Misc' section

Today as I was installing and configuring the HP PSP packages on CentOS I kept notes and tried format them as a general guide. I'll be the first to admit that the guide is rough but I think the information is useful enough to warrant posting sooner rather then later.

I have already posted information up on the HP Forums in the hopes it would help others who go there for help but I think the material would be better served off a wiki.
Link to post:*http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1436465

I can understand if it doesn't currently meet the standards set forth by the group. I do plan on cleaning it up and expanding on the information as best I can.
Thank you for your time and consideration,
Woody

Old 06-24-2010, 07:45 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 24.06.10 05:40, schrieb Brandon Wood:

> Link to
> post: http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1436465

Looks good on the first (short) read. Are you sure that you need all
these i386 packages on a 64bit install, though?

Let me get back to that later today.

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 06-27-2010, 09:29 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 24.06.10 09:45, schrieb Ralph Angenendt:
> Am 24.06.10 05:40, schrieb Brandon Wood:
>
>> Link to
>> post: http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1436465
>
> Looks good on the first (short) read. Are you sure that you need all
> these i386 packages on a 64bit install, though?
>
> Let me get back to that later today.

Sorry, has been a tad stressful at work:

http://wiki.centos.org/BrandonWood - why don't you try to wikify your
HowTo there and we'll then see further? I don't see a real problem with
the content of your HowTo at the moment, although I'm wondering why
you'd need to prepare the source stubs which are in the kernel-devel
package.

Can you try if it works without doing so?

Cheers,

Ralph