Old 06-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Marcus Moeller

Default ArtWork edit

Dear Russ.

I have noticed your recent edit of the ArtWork page. First thanks for
the grammar corrections. Besides that I would like to ask you not to
use the wiki to chat (at least with me, and I guess Alain, too).

Just ask what's unclear and we will try to make it clearer.

Let's start with the Denmark font:

No, the font is proprietary and could not be shipped within the distribution.

--
Greets
Marcus

Old 06-17-2010, 07:22 PM
R P Herrold

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010, Marcus Moeller wrote:

> I have noticed your recent edit of the ArtWork page. First thanks for
> the grammar corrections. Besides that I would like to ask you not to
> use the wiki to chat (at least with me, and I guess Alain, too).

Your wish is noted; I figure leaving markers is a ready test
if the author (or another with edits) was interested enough to
follow the page, and to read their email, and to address it

I see people following me all the time with wiki edits and
read the diffs. I note your participation in the OpenSUSE
self-critque, and in reading further the outlink to:
http://www.90-9-1.com/ mentioned therein, whihch I commend to
all on this list. I am experimenting to see if my most common
following editor simply fixes the remaining passive voice I
noted in the commit message

You may want to read the articles about DRY and 'single point
of truth' to understand wehre I am 'coming from.' I decline to
intentionally make such a separation of the problem and
notation of it when using a wiki

-- Russ herrold

Old 06-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Marcus Moeller

Dear Russ.

> Your wish is noted; I figure leaving markers is a ready test
> if the author (or another with edits) was interested enough to
> follow the page, and to read their email, and to address it
>
> I see people following me all the time with wiki edits and
> read the diffs. *I note your participation in the OpenSUSE
> self-critque, and in reading further the outlink to:
> http://www.90-9-1.com/ mentioned therein, whihch I commend to
> all on this list. *I am experimenting to see if my most common
> following editor simply fixes the remaining passive voice I
> noted in the commit message

Not sure if the list is the right place to talk about that, but it's
an interesting theory (which is obviously true in most cases). My aim
is to motivate more ppl to become editors or even creators, because
that's what open source is about. The times of passive lurking are
over

--
Greets
Marcus