Old 06-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Karanbir Singh

Default HowTos - 21. CentOS Guidelines - How to create public mirrors for CentOS

On 06/14/2010 03:33 PM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Yeah, but is it all in one place? I haven't looked, I must admit. But

I doubt its in one place. Which might be why the questions around it get
asked often.

> I'd hate to duplicate efforts, too - although I'd like to see
> documentation rather in the wiki than on the website.

Would something like this fit under a Mirror section under the InfraWiki
? Or you think its worth keeping completely independent of that.

- KB

Old 06-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 14.06.10 20:52, schrieb Karanbir Singh:
> On 06/14/2010 03:33 PM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>> Yeah, but is it all in one place? I haven't looked, I must admit. But
>
> I doubt its in one place. Which might be why the questions around it get
> asked often.

Yupp. That's why I was asking.

>> I'd hate to duplicate efforts, too - although I'd like to see
>> documentation rather in the wiki than on the website.
>
> Would something like this fit under a Mirror section under the InfraWiki
> ? Or you think its worth keeping completely independent of that.

Were the infrawiki more prominently linked ...

I guess it belongs under there - InfraWiki/Docs/BecomeMirror or
something like that - but needs to be linked from the HowTo section.

Ralph

Old 06-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Am 17.06.10 18:18, schrieb Maulvi Bakar:

> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 11:03 PM, Ralph Angenendt
> <ralph.angenendt@gmail.com <mailto:ralph.angenendt@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 12:08 AM, Maulvi Bakar <maulvi@maulvi.net
> <mailto:maulvi@maulvi.net>> wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > I guess, as per http://wiki.centos.org/Contribute - 3. Contribute
> to the
> > Wiki, I am being persistent.
>
> Good >
>
> > The proposal is mainly to address these 'frequently' asked
> questions. Other
> > proposed additions that was listed are mainly extras or bonuses -
> things
> > that I think would be helpful and beneficial to the community,
> speeding up
> > deployments of new mirrors by having some of the technical questions
> > pre-answered in a howto.
> >
> > I hope my proposal is acceptable..
>
> Yeah, I think the bantering here was more about where to put a
> document like that, and I must admint that I am still not perfectly
> sure on where to put that.
>
> But: Let me give you access to your "Homepage" on the Wiki, you can
> then create the article under there for others to look at it. In the
> meanwhile it might become clearer on where to put that article.
>
> MaulviBakar <- is that your wiki account?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ralph
>

> Hi Ralph
>
> Thank you for responding ;-)
>
> Yes, my wiki account's username is "MaulviBakar".

http://wiki.centos.org/MaulviBakar is "all yours", so why don't you
start the document under there and then

> In regards to the document location, IMHO I'd say a link should be added
> to FAQ section of the InfraWiki to the current location of HowTo, which
> if approved, to be expanded.

we'll see where it fits. I'm thinking putting it in the InfraWiki space
and then linking to it from the HowTo section seems to be the best at
the moment.

Sorry for taking so long to answer, but there's a soccer
worldchampionship happening out there >

Ralph