Old 06-12-2010, 06:33 AM
Maulvi Bakar

Default HowTos - 21. CentOS Guidelines - How to create public mirrors for CentOS

Hello everyone

I would like to propose additions in the wiki for - "HowTos - 21. CentOS Guidelines - How to create public mirrors for CentOS"

Summary details of the proposed additions

- sample rsync script with exclusion options specific to Centos project mirroring

- howto do a rsync script lockfile
- crontab examples
- arch mirror sizes (3.9, 4.8, 5.5)
- Essential Files/Folders to Mirror
- DVD ISOs
- How to announce your mirror

I hope my proposal is acceptable..

Sincere regards and thanks

Maulvi Bakar
(Wiki Username - "MaulviBakar")

Old 06-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 12/06/2010 07:33, Maulvi Bakar wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> I would like to propose additions in the wiki for - "HowTos - 21. CentOS
> Guidelines - How to create public mirrors for CentOS"

isnt there already a lot of material on this in the wiki and on the
website ?