Old 06-07-2010, 03:46 AM
Timothy Lee

Default Removal of "CentOS Errata" from Newsletter 1004

Dear all,

On 06/07/2010 09:00 AM, noreply@centos.org wrote:
> The following page has been changed by GeerdDietgerHoffmann:
> http://wiki.centos.org/Newsletter/1004?action=diff&rev2=11&rev1=10

> - ||<tablestyle="float: right;">[[ImageLink(TimothyLee/TimothyLee96.png,TimothyLee,alt=Timothy Lee,width=48)]]||
> - == CentOS Errata ==
> - 'This section highlights the most severe security updates for each supported CentOS release, whilst providing a summary and short links to the reference of the security issue.'
> -
> - === CentOS-3 ===
> - * 'No critical updates were released in May 2010.'
> -
> - === CentOS-4 ===
> - * 'No critical updates were released in May 2010.'
> -
> - === CentOS-5 ===
> - * The release of [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.5:CentOS 5.5]
> -
Just wondering why the "Errata" section was removed? Its content is
up-to-date, and does serve to inform readers that there have been no
critical updates since the last newsletter was issued.

Of course, the final decision rests with the editorial team.

Regards,
Timothy

Old 06-07-2010, 06:44 AM
Marcus Moeller

Hi.

> On 06/07/2010 09:00 AM, noreply@centos.org wrote:
>> The following page has been changed by GeerdDietgerHoffmann:
>> http://wiki.centos.org/Newsletter/1004?action=diff&rev2=11&rev1=10

>> - ||<tablestyle="float: right;">[[ImageLink(TimothyLee/TimothyLee96.png,TimothyLee,alt=Timothy Lee,width=48)]]||
>> - == CentOS Errata ==
>> - 'This section highlights the most severe security updates for each supported CentOS release, whilst providing a summary and short links to the reference of the security issue.'
>> -
>> - === CentOS-3 ===
>> - ** 'No critical updates were released in May 2010.'
>> -
>> - === CentOS-4 ===
>> - ** 'No critical updates were released in May 2010.'
>> -
>> - === CentOS-5 ===
>> - ** The release of [:Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.5:CentOS 5.5]
>> -
> Just wondering why the "Errata" section was removed? *Its content is
> up-to-date, and does serve to inform readers that there have been no
> critical updates since the last newsletter was issued.
>
> Of course, the final decision rests with the editorial team.

Cannot imagine any good reason for removing them. Didi, was it just a mistake?

As you are an editor you are part of the 'editorial team', too

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 06-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann

Hey

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 4:46 AM, Timothy Lee <timothy.ty.lee@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just wondering why the "Errata" section was removed? *Its content is
> up-to-date, and does serve to inform readers that there have been no
> critical updates since the last newsletter was issued.
>
> Of course, the final decision rests with the editorial team.

I am ever so sorry. I though it was not updated and I didn't want
"stale" data in the Newsletter. Thank you soo much for reporting this,
I will put it back right away.

Cheers Didi
--
Hoffmann Geerd-Dietger