Old 05-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Default Watch out, 5.5 is coming!

Yes, it is that time of year again: The weather is cold and cloudy,
the sun doesn't show itself very often, so it must be CentOS release
time!

This time we'd like to offer CentOS 5.5 to the world - and the CentOS
Live CD, too.

So if you have a little time: the beginnings of the Release Notes can
be found under <http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.5>,
the first stub for the Live-CD notes is under
<http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOSLiveCD5.5>.

If you 'd like to translate the Release Notes into a language which
isn't there yet or if you'd generally like to help. but cannot edit
the pages, then just shout and I'll do the appropriate magic.

The wiki can send out notifies, if something changes in the
ReleaseNotes hierarchy, so if you want to find out for yourself, when
you can start cracking, you should add ".*ReleaseNotes.*" into the
"Subscribed Wiki Pages" of your user preferences. See
<http://moinmo.in/HelpOnSubscribing> for more information.

And again: Thanks to all of you for helping CentOS and for putting
work into the release notes and other areas of the CentOS project.

Thanks!

Ralph