Old 01-14-2008, 08:43 AM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

Default modern-CentOS-1.7-29

Relevant changes:

1.7-29
======

- Resume CentOS mailing list discussion about messages presentation.
Now we can use two message styles.

1. Low contrast Message

||<id="lmimg" :^> attachment: ||||<id="lmtxt" (^> Text ...||

2. High contrast Message

||<id="dmimg" :^> attachment: ||||<id="dmtxt" (^> Text ...||

The following classes are available:

* class="orange"
* class="red"
* class="blue"
* class="green"
* class="violet"

To use a class (i.e class="blue") we can use the following line:

||<id="dmimg" class="blue" :^> attachment: ||||<id="dmtxt"
class="blue" (^> Text ...||

If no class is used, then gray color is used.

- Give 0.5em to locationline margin-bottom. Before this update
tables that were added at the beginning of the page, as first
element, were not properly shown due to the short margin
locationline element has. Now this is fixed.

- Update image background. Now squares are really over a white
background. Before this they were over a transparent one.

- Update comments.

- It is no grey but gray, with "a" . Fix that!.

- Make pre element not so yellow. Let it as it was inicially.

1.7-28
======

- Come back to 10% page lateral margin presentation.

- Change color on messages left border.

---
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-29.png
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-29-1.png
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-29-2.png

http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-29.tar.gz

What do you think now, does it could be a candidate for installation ?

Cheers,
al.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:06 AM
"Tim Verhoeven"

On Jan 14, 2008 10:43 AM, Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera@gmail.com> wrote:
> Relevant changes:
>
> 1.7-29
> ======
>
> - Resume CentOS mailing list discussion about messages presentation.
> Now we can use two message styles.
>
> 1. Low contrast Message
>
> ||<id="lmimg" :^> attachment: ||||<id="lmtxt" (^> Text ...||
>
> 2. High contrast Message
>
> ||<id="dmimg" :^> attachment: ||||<id="dmtxt" (^> Text ...||
>
> The following classes are available:
>
> * class="orange"
> * class="red"
> * class="blue"
> * class="green"
> * class="violet"
>
> To use a class (i.e class="blue") we can use the following line:
>
> ||<id="dmimg" class="blue" :^> attachment: ||||<id="dmtxt"
> class="blue" (^> Text ...||
>
> If no class is used, then gray color is used.
>
> - Give 0.5em to locationline margin-bottom. Before this update
> tables that were added at the beginning of the page, as first
> element, were not properly shown due to the short margin
> locationline element has. Now this is fixed.
>
> - Update image background. Now squares are really over a white
> background. Before this they were over a transparent one.
>
> - Update comments.
>
> - It is no grey but gray, with "a" . Fix that!.
>
> - Make pre element not so yellow. Let it as it was inicially.
>
> 1.7-28
> ======
>
> - Come back to 10% page lateral margin presentation.
>
> - Change color on messages left border.
>
> ---
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-29.png
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-29-1.png
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-29-2.png
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-29.tar.gz
>
> What do you think now, does it could be a candidate for installation ?

It's a go for me. This can be put in the production wiki.

Nice work !

Regards,
Tim

(Linus Torvalds)

Old 01-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Mats Karlsson

Some thoughts:

1. Should the squares on the border have a different size compared to
the "High contrast Message" or should it be the same size?

2. Shouldn't there be squares in the background on the "Low contrast
Message" also, or do they become invisible then?

3. "High contrast Message", what about adding a lighter color "messages
left border" as a mirroring of the "Low contrast Message" design?

/Mats

Old 01-15-2008, 06:08 PM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

On 1/14/08, Mats Karlsson <mats.o.karlsson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Some thoughts:
>
> 1. Should the squares on the border have a different size compared to
> the "High contrast Message" or should it be the same size?
>
> 2. Shouldn't there be squares in the background on the "Low contrast
> Message" also, or do they become invisible then?
>
> 3. "High contrast Message", what about adding a lighter color "messages
> left border" as a mirroring of the "Low contrast Message" design?

Hi Mats, your thoughts were included in 1.7-30. Could you check it
please, to make sure they were correctly interpreted.

Relevant Changes:

1.7-30
======

- Add Medium contrast Message style. The wiki syntax is:

||<id="mmimg" :^> attachment: ||||<id="mmtxt" (^> Text ... ||

it also support the following clases:

* class="orange"
* class="red"
* class="blue"
* class="green"
* class="violet"

To use a class (i.e class="blue") we can use the following line:

||<id="mmimg" class="blue" :^> attachment: ||||<id="mmtxt"
class="blue" (^> Text ...||

If no class is used, then gray color is used.

- Squares in the messages background were a bit reduced.

- Add background to low and medium contrast messages to reflect
semitransparent squares.

Screenshots:

http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30.png
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30-1.png
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30-2.png
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30-3.png

Theme:

http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30.tar.gz

---
What do you think now ?

Note: I don't know if the word Medium/Middle is correctly used here.

Cheers,
al

Old 01-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Mats Karlsson

Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:

1. Should the squares on the border have a different size compared to
the "High contrast Message" or should it be the same size?

http://www.ugg-lan.com/images/test2.png

Here you can see that the squares has a different size on the border (1)
and the background (2) or is it an optical illusion?

2. Shouldn't there be squares in the background on the "Low contrast
Message" also, or do they become invisible then?

Nice and I like the new Medium choice, I hope thats a permanent one or
was it just to visualize the "Light" version.

3. "High contrast Message", what about adding a lighter color "messages
left border" as a mirroring of the "Low contrast Message" design?

http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30-3.png

I did a cut and past to visualize what I mean, its a rude cut. I think
you get the idea of what I mean with a "mirrored" design compared to the
lighter backgrounds that has a discrete left border, so my thought was
to have a light left border on the darker backgrounds. Im not shure if
this is a good idea ;-)

http://www.ugg-lan.com/images/test.png

Hi Mats, your thoughts were included in 1.7-30. Could you check it
please, to make sure they were correctly interpreted.

See comments above.

And a new thought is to use the irregular square design from the top
banner (3) to the background on the "message styles", that will give a
more lively impression and less squarish... or what do you think?

(3) http://wiki.centos.org/wiki/modern-CentOS/img/moin-header-background.png

Relevant Changes:

1.7-30
======

- Add Medium contrast Message style. The wiki syntax is:

||<id="mmimg" :^> attachment: ||||<id="mmtxt" (^> Text ... ||

it also support the following clases:

* class="orange"
* class="red"
* class="blue"
* class="green"
* class="violet"

To use a class (i.e class="blue") we can use the following line:

||<id="mmimg" class="blue" :^> attachment: ||||<id="mmtxt"
class="blue" (^> Text ...||

If no class is used, then gray color is used.

- Squares in the messages background were a bit reduced.

- Add background to low and medium contrast messages to reflect
semitransparent squares.

Screenshots:

http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30.png
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30-1.png
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30-2.png
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30-3.png

Theme:

http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30.tar.gz

---
What do you think now ?

Note: I don't know if the word Medium/Middle is correctly used here.

Cheers,
al

Kind regards
Mats

Old 01-15-2008, 08:28 PM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

On 1/15/08, Mats Karlsson <mats.o.karlsson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> > On 1/14/08, Mats Karlsson <mats.o.karlsson@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Some thoughts:
> >>
> >> 1. Should the squares on the border have a different size compared to
> >> the "High contrast Message" or should it be the same size?
>
> http://www.ugg-lan.com/images/test2.png
>
> Here you can see that the squares has a different size on the border (1)
> and the background (2) or is it an optical illusion?

yes .. you are right, they are still not the same. I'll change that,
to see how it looks.

And ..I just noted something, the square color in the messages is
affected, it seems not to be the same, make something transparent
until you reach the tone you like, than set the exact color without
makes it transparent. Note that they are not totally over white tone.

> >> 2. Shouldn't there be squares in the background on the "Low contrast
> >> Message" also, or do they become invisible then?
>
> Nice and I like the new Medium choice, I hope thats a permanent one or
> was it just to visualize the "Light" version.

It will be there as an option ... if there is no one against that.

> >> 3. "High contrast Message", what about adding a lighter color "messages
> >> left border" as a mirroring of the "Low contrast Message" design?
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30-3.png
>
> I did a cut and past to visualize what I mean, its a rude cut. I think
> you get the idea of what I mean with a "mirrored" design compared to the
> lighter backgrounds that has a discrete left border, so my thought was
> to have a light left border on the darker backgrounds. Im not shure if
> this is a good idea ;-)

Let's try it, and see how it looks

> http://www.ugg-lan.com/images/test.png
>
> > Hi Mats, your thoughts were included in 1.7-30. Could you check it
> > please, to make sure they were correctly interpreted.
>
> See comments above.
>

> And a new thought is to use the irregular square design from the top
> banner (3) to the background on the "message styles", that will give a
> more lively impression and less squarish... or what do you think?
>
> (3) http://wiki.centos.org/wiki/modern-CentOS/img/moin-header-background.png

I think that we can try it too . Note that, maybe it is not exactly
the same because the random way it was created.

Cheers,
al.