Old 05-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann

Default Newsletter release nearly ready

Hey

So the Newsletter is finally pretty much finished. Could everybody
please just read through it again and make some adjustments. Further how
are the translations getting on? Unfortunately I either speak Chinese or
Spanish so could I get a heads up on status?

Further I am looking into a Newsletter meeting hopefully using VOIP,
everybody ok with that?

Cheers Didi
--
Hoffmann Geerd-Dietger
http://contact.ribalba.de

Old 05-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Timothy Lee

Didi,

On 05/01/2010 06:54 PM, Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann wrote:
> So the Newsletter is finally pretty much finished. Could everybody
> please just read through it again and make some adjustments. Further how
> are the translations getting on? Unfortunately I either speak Chinese or
> Spanish so could I get a heads up on status?
Chinese translation is missing only your final two updates. Will catch
up ASAP.

Regards,
Timothy

Old 05-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Marcus Moeller

Hi Didi,

> So the Newsletter is finally pretty much finished. Could everybody
> please just read through it again and make some adjustments. Further how
> are the translations getting on? Unfortunately I either speak Chinese or
> Spanish so could I get a heads up on status?
>
> Further I am looking into a Newsletter meeting hopefully using VOIP,
> everybody ok with that?

arrived in Valencia today, and have not got much time for anny
corrections, so just go ahead

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 05-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Eduardo Grosclaude

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Marcus Moeller <mail@marcus-moeller.de> wrote:
> Hi Didi,
>
>> So the Newsletter is finally pretty much finished. Could everybody
>> please just read through it again and make some adjustments. Further how
>> are the translations getting on? Unfortunately I either speak Chinese or
>> Spanish so could I get a heads up on status?
>>
>> Further I am looking into a Newsletter meeting hopefully using VOIP,
>> everybody ok with that?

> arrived in Valencia today, and have not got much time for anny
> corrections, so just go ahead
>
> Best Regards
> Marcus

Spanish translation on its way!

--
Eduardo Grosclaude
Universidad Nacional del Comahue

Old 05-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Alan Bartlett

On 1 May 2010 11:54, Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann <didi@ribalba.de> wrote:

> So the Newsletter is finally pretty much finished. Could everybody
> please just read through it again and make some adjustments.

Looks good to me. I'll take another critical look tomorrow but I doubt
that there is anything else that needs tweaking.

Alan.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Eduardo Grosclaude

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Alan Bartlett <ajb@elrepo.org> wrote:
> On 1 May 2010 11:54, Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann <didi@ribalba.de> wrote:
>
>> So the Newsletter is finally pretty much finished. Could everybody
>> please just read through it again and make some adjustments.
>
> Looks good to me. I'll take another critical look tomorrow but I doubt
> that there is anything else that needs tweaking.

1. Being a serious nitpicker, I'd suggest to refrain from using
coordinates-dependent expressions such as 'released last autumn'.
Didi, remember you've gone international now!
2. Desperately need some help as to why I can't make Frank's mugshot
appear in my Spanish rendition.
3. That's pretty much it for the Spanish version -- I'll keep an eye
on any last minute changes.

Thank you, people

Old 05-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann

Hey

On 01/05/2010 21:47, Eduardo Grosclaude wrote:
> 1. Being a serious nitpicker, I'd suggest to refrain from using
> coordinates-dependent expressions such as 'released last autumn'.
> Didi, remember you've gone international now!

True. I will be careful

> 2. Desperately need some help as to why I can't make Frank's mugshot
> appear in my Spanish rendition.

||<tablestyle="float: right;">[[ImageLink(Newsletter/1003/FrankCox.png,
FrankCox,alt=Frank Cox,width=48)]]||

> 3. That's pretty much it for the Spanish version -- I'll keep an eye
> on any last minute changes.
>
> Thank you, people

No, thank you for your help. This is really cool. Thank you soo much.
*happy*

So I will release after Alan has read through it one last time. So
everyone should have the new release on Monday when they come to work.

Cheers for all your help (everyone) Didi
--
Hoffmann Geerd-Dietger
http://contact.ribalba.de

Old 05-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Alan Bartlett

On 1 May 2010 20:53, Alan Bartlett <ajb@elrepo.org> wrote:
> On 1 May 2010 11:54, Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann <didi@ribalba.de> wrote:
>
>> So the Newsletter is finally pretty much finished. Could everybody
>> please just read through it again and make some adjustments.
>
> Looks good to me. I'll take another critical look tomorrow but I doubt
> that there is anything else that needs tweaking.

I've had my final read-through and made seven minor changes - one of
which is the result of Eduardo's nit-pick!

Sorry, Timothy & Eduardo. Once your tweaked your versions, please let
Didi know and the issue will then be released.

Alan.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Eduardo Grosclaude

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Alan Bartlett <ajb@elrepo.org> wrote:
> I've had my final read-through and made seven minor changes - one of
> which is the result of Eduardo's nit-pick!

Ouch! I did not make my point. My nit to pick was that *autumn* is not
everywhere at the same time .

A great number of Spanish-speaking readers of Pulse will be South
American residents. For them (for us), referring to seasons is
US-centric; referring to mo/ye is universal.

But hey, 1) you're the author, and 2) I've never heard Australians
complain about this anyway

> Sorry, Timothy & Eduardo. Once your tweaked your versions, please let
> Didi know and the issue will then be released.

I'm done, Didi.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Alan Bartlett

On 2 May 2010 16:23, Eduardo Grosclaude <eduardo.grosclaude@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Alan Bartlett <ajb@elrepo.org> wrote:
>> I've had my final read-through and made seven minor changes - one of
>> which is the result of Eduardo's nit-pick!
>
> Ouch! I did not make my point. My nit to pick was that *autumn* is not
> everywhere at the same time .
>
> A great number of Spanish-speaking readers of Pulse will be South
> American residents. For them (for us), referring to seasons is
> US-centric; referring to mo/ye is universal.

/me utters "D'oh!" and goes to hide . . .

Perhaps Didi would like to make it "Quarter 3, 2009".

> But hey, 1) you're the author, and 2) I've never heard Australians
> complain about this anyway

>> Sorry, Timothy & Eduardo. Once your tweaked your versions, please let
>> Didi know and the issue will then be released.

> I'm done, Didi.

Alan.