Old 04-28-2010, 05:54 AM
Timo Schoeler

Default Newsletter status

Old 04-28-2010, 07:29 AM
Marcus Moeller

Dear Didi.

> thus Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann spake:
>> Hey
>>
>> So the final touches should be applied to the Newsletter soon. How are
>> people progressing?

We have one agreed in IRC meeting that we should meet up on a regular
basis to work out newsletter stuff. This did not ever happen, till
then.

Could we please re-schedule it, maybe even for #1003? I think I could
find some time the next two or three days (afterwards I will be in
Valencia).

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 04-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Alan Bartlett

On 27 April 2010 22:44, Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann <didi@ribalba.de> wrote:

> So the final touches should be applied to the Newsletter soon. How are
> people progressing?

Just to let the Newsletter Team know --

I intend to make a start on giving the latest version its pre-release
"polish" later today.

Alan.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Marcus Moeller

Hi Alan,

>> So the final touches should be applied to the Newsletter soon. How are
>> people progressing?
>
> Just to let the Newsletter Team know --

Aeh, you are part of the 'Newsletter Team'

> I intend to make a start on giving the latest version its pre-release
> "polish" later today.

Just go ahead. Maybe I am going to re-work the RHEL 6 beta article a
bit, but got no response from Didi, yet.

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 04-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 04/27/2010 10:44 PM, Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann wrote:
> So the final touches should be applied to the Newsletter soon. How are
> people progressing?

I've heard about, in the past, web based software that helps people get
articles together and then go through a process to be published. Are we
at a stage where investigating something of this nature might be
beneficial ?

- KB

Old 04-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Manuel Wolfshant

On 04/28/2010 05:36 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 04/27/2010 10:44 PM, Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann wrote:
>
>> So the final touches should be applied to the Newsletter soon. How are
>> people progressing?
>>

> I've heard about, in the past, web based software that helps people get
> articles together and then go through a process to be published. Are we
> at a stage where investigating something of this nature might be
> beneficial ?
welcome to googledocs )

Old 04-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Scott Robbins

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 05:59:00PM +0300, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

> > I've heard about, in the past, web based software that helps people get
> > articles together and then go through a process to be published. Are we
> > at a stage where investigating something of this nature might be
> > beneficial ?
> welcome to googledocs )

Google wave? I have invites, I think.

(Haven't used it in so long, I've forgotten.)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: I don't play well with others.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 04/28/2010 04:13 PM, Scott Robbins wrote:
>>> I've heard about, in the past, web based software that helps people get
>>> articles together and then go through a process to be published. Are we
>>> at a stage where investigating something of this nature might be
>>> beneficial ?
>> welcome to googledocs )
>
> Google wave? I have invites, I think.

I was thinking about something that would also implement a process. So
Alan would know exactly which articles are 'done' and he needs to look
through, and so Didi/Marcus could check to see which ones have been
through Alan's filter.

Something of this nature might also allow for people to submit muiltiple
articles and for Didi/Marcus to be able to select and nominate which
release gets which articles etc.

I am sure there is something out there ( s/w ) that would make this
process easy. And before anyone says it - no Lotus Domino isnt it!

- KB

Old 04-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Alan Bartlett

On 28 April 2010 14:54, Marcus Moeller <mail@marcus-moeller.de> wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
>>> So the final touches should be applied to the Newsletter soon. How are
>>> people progressing?
>>
>> Just to let the Newsletter Team know --
>
> Aeh, you are part of the 'Newsletter Team'

Agreed and thanks for noticing my inadvertent error, Marcus.

For the fellow pedants:

sed 's/let the/let the rest of the/'

Alan.
:-D

Old 04-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Marcus Moeller

Hi,

>>> welcome to googledocs )
>>
>> Google wave? *I have invites, I think.
>
> I was thinking about something that would also implement a process. So
> Alan would know exactly which articles are 'done' and he needs to look
> through, and so Didi/Marcus could check to see which ones have been
> through Alan's filter.
>
> Something of this nature might also allow for people to submit muiltiple
> articles and for Didi/Marcus to be able to select and nominate which
> release gets which articles etc.
>
> I am sure there is something out there ( s/w ) that would make this
> process easy. And before anyone says it - no Lotus Domino isnt it!

Let's just keep it simple (and no more Google tools please).

I would be glad to have a monthly meeting and some notes on the issue
we are working on (and replies to my mails, Didi )

which could also be used for submissions (which aren't that many atm.
of course)

Best Regards
Marcus