Old 04-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Eduardo Grosclaude

Default Newsletter 1002, Spanish version

Hello, I have just finished my Spanish translation of the last
Newsletter. As I have no edit rights to the proper zone, I have
written it into my own personal page
http://wiki.centos.org/EduardoGrosclaude. Please some elder member of
the familiy snip it off from there and hang it where it belongs.

I have not involved myself in prior proofreading, so this may be a bit
off. May I slip in a small tip. 'CentOS Pulse' is such a great name
for the newsletter, yet it is underexploited. The Newsletter speaks of
itself in a low, humble voice as 'the Newsletter'. As an aside, my
Spanish rendering of this is 'la Gaceta' which sounds decimononic at
best. Writing 'CentOS Pulse' everywhere would be way cooler!

Please consider more resorting to this marketable proper name for the
next issue!

Thank you very much

--
Eduardo Grosclaude
Universidad Nacional del Comahue

Old 04-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Ralph Angenendt

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 2:40 AM, Eduardo Grosclaude
<eduardo.grosclaude@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I have just finished my Spanish translation of the last
> Newsletter. As I have no edit rights to the proper zone,

Where would that be - in your opinion?

Ralph

Old 04-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Eduardo Grosclaude

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Ralph Angenendt
<ralph.angenendt@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 2:40 AM, Eduardo Grosclaude
> <eduardo.grosclaude@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello, I have just finished my Spanish translation of the last
>> Newsletter. As I have no edit rights to the proper zone,
>
> Where would that be - in your opinion?

I assume we should be keeping the regular convention of prepending
<lang> to the path. So perhaps
http://wiki.centos.org/es/Newsletter/1002?action=show&redirect=Newsletter%2FLatest
would do?

Old 04-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann

Hey Eduardo

On 03/04/2010 01:40, Eduardo Grosclaude wrote:
> Hello, I have just finished my Spanish translation of the last
> Newsletter. As I have no edit rights to the proper zone, I have
> written it into my own personal page
> http://wiki.centos.org/EduardoGrosclaude. Please some elder member of
> the familiy snip it off from there and hang it where it belongs.

This is sooo cool. Thank you soo much Eduardo. Maybe next release we can
sync all the translations and everything. As soon as it is in the
correct place I will post a link on the English Newsletter. I added you
to the correct group so you can look at the pre-releases.[1]

Just as a note Timothy has done a amazing job translating everything
into zh [2].

> Please consider more resorting to this marketable proper name for the
> next issue!

Don't worry to much about that

> Thank you very much

No thank YOU.

Ralph: Can you do the Spanish category as I have no idea how to do this.

Cheers Didi

[1] http://wiki.centos.org/Newsletter/1003
[2] http://wiki.centos.org/zh/Newsletter/1002

--
Hoffmann Geerd-Dietger
http://contact.ribalba.de

Old 04-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Ralph Angenendt

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Eduardo Grosclaude
<eduardo.grosclaude@gmail.com> wrote:
> I assume we should be keeping the regular convention of prepending
> <lang> to the path. So perhaps
> http://wiki.centos.org/es/Newsletter/1002?action=show&redirect=Newsletter%2FLatest
> would do?

Yeah, but you should be able to do that yourself ... Just keep in mind
that as you will get redirected(!) you probably need an URL like

http://wiki.centos.org/es/Newsletter/1002?action=edit

Can you try that please?

Ralph

Old 04-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Eduardo Grosclaude

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Ralph Angenendt
<ralph.angenendt@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Eduardo Grosclaude
> <eduardo.grosclaude@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I assume we should be keeping the regular convention of prepending
>> <lang> to the path. So perhaps
>> http://wiki.centos.org/es/Newsletter/1002?action=show&redirect=Newsletter%2FLatest
>> would do?
>
> Yeah, but you should be able to do that yourself ... Just keep in mind
> that as you will get redirected(!) you probably need an URL like
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/es/Newsletter/1002?action=edit
>
> Can you try that please?
Cool, seems to work, thank you

Old 04-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Eduardo Grosclaude

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Eduardo Grosclaude
<eduardo.grosclaude@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Ralph Angenendt
> <ralph.angenendt@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Eduardo Grosclaude
>> <eduardo.grosclaude@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I assume we should be keeping the regular convention of prepending
>>> <lang> to the path. So perhaps
>>> http://wiki.centos.org/es/Newsletter/1002?action=show&redirect=Newsletter%2FLatest
>>> would do?
>>
>> Yeah, but you should be able to do that yourself ... Just keep in mind
>> that as you will get redirected(!) you probably need an URL like
>>
>> http://wiki.centos.org/es/Newsletter/1002?action=edit
>>
>> Can you try that please?
> Cool, seems to work, thank you

OK, I have released it

Only nit to pick is that I have no rights to modify ACLs - this should
be only difference to original Newsletter/1002?action=raw where I
picked it from. Don't know if it's important.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Ralph Angenendt

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 11:55 PM, Eduardo Grosclaude
<eduardo.grosclaude@gmail.com> wrote:
> Only nit to pick is that I have no rights to modify ACLs - this should
> be only difference to original Newsletter/1002?action=raw where I
> picked it from. Don't know if it's important.

Only if you plan to translate while the Newsletter is being written. I
have to think if something breaks if the EsGroup can admin below es/,
but probably not.

Cheers,

Ralph