Old 03-23-2010, 05:36 PM
"Cris Rhea"

Default Two things...

1. Would one of the Wiki admins help unwind my Wiki credentials?
I originally registered as "crisrhea" (lower case), but was told
I should have used "CrisRhea" (camel case).

I logged in and changed my preferences to use CrisRhea, but I can't
access/edit my pages (/CrisRhea, /HowTos/Xen/NvidiaWithXen).
Can one of the admins please fix my rights on these two pages?

2. Now that I've written /HowTos/Xen/NvidiaWithXen, how does one
get it added to the table of contents/indexes? From wiki.centos.org,
I can't navigate to this page via links...

Thanks!

--- Cris

---
Cris Rhea

Old 03-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Akemi Yagi

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Cris Rhea <crhea@rentaclue.com> wrote:
> 1. Would one of the Wiki admins help unwind my Wiki credentials?
> * I originally registered as "crisrhea" (lower case), but was told
> * I should have used "CrisRhea" (camel case).
>
> * I logged in and changed my preferences to use CrisRhea, but I can't
> * access/edit my pages (/CrisRhea, */HowTos/Xen/NvidiaWithXen).
> * Can one of the admins please fix my rights on these two pages?

Right, only Ralph and others on the Admin list can create/edit the acl
line. Ralph?

Akemi

Old 03-24-2010, 03:23 PM
Alan Bartlett

On 24 March 2010 16:10, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Cris Rhea <crhea@rentaclue.com> wrote:
>> 1. Would one of the Wiki admins help unwind my Wiki credentials?
>> * I originally registered as "crisrhea" (lower case), but was told
>> * I should have used "CrisRhea" (camel case).
>>
>> * I logged in and changed my preferences to use CrisRhea, but I can't
>> * access/edit my pages (/CrisRhea, */HowTos/Xen/NvidiaWithXen).
>> * Can one of the admins please fix my rights on these two pages?
>
> Right, only Ralph and others on the Admin list can create/edit the acl
> line. Ralph?

Hmm . . . yes. We remember that Ralph wa looking into such matters --

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-docs/2010-February/003841.html

Alan.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Alan Bartlett

On 24 March 2010 16:23, Alan Bartlett <ajb@elrepo.org> wrote:
> On 24 March 2010 16:10, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Cris Rhea <crhea@rentaclue.com> wrote:
>>> 1. Would one of the Wiki admins help unwind my Wiki credentials?
>>> * I originally registered as "crisrhea" (lower case), but was told
>>> * I should have used "CrisRhea" (camel case).
>>>
>>> * I logged in and changed my preferences to use CrisRhea, but I can't
>>> * access/edit my pages (/CrisRhea, */HowTos/Xen/NvidiaWithXen).
>>> * Can one of the admins please fix my rights on these two pages?
>>
>> Right, only Ralph and others on the Admin list can create/edit the acl
>> line. Ralph?
>
> Hmm . . . yes. We remember that Ralph wa looking into such matters --
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-docs/2010-February/003841.html

#define PRESENT 1

int Ralph = 0, Russ = 0, KB = 0;

if ((Ralph == PRESENT) || (Russ == PRESENT) || (KB == PRESENT)) {
action_request(ChrisRae, ACL);
exit(SUCCESS);
} else {
gloomy_face(ChrisRae);
hisses(burakkucat);
exit(FAILURE);
}

Alan.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Alan Bartlett

On 25 March 2010 16:30, Alan Bartlett <ajb@elrepo.org> wrote:
> On 24 March 2010 16:23, Alan Bartlett <ajb@elrepo.org> wrote:

>>> Right, only Ralph and others on the Admin list can create/edit the acl
>>> line. Ralph?
>>
>> Hmm . . . yes. We remember that Ralph wa looking into such matters --
>>
>> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-docs/2010-February/003841.html
>
> #define *PRESENT 1
>
> int Ralph = 0, Russ = 0, KB = 0;
>
> if ((Ralph == PRESENT) || (Russ == PRESENT) || (KB == PRESENT)) {
> * * * *action_request(ChrisRae, ACL);
> * * * *exit(SUCCESS);
> } else {
> * * * *gloomy_face(ChrisRae);
> * * * *hisses(burakkucat);
> * * * *exit(FAILURE);
> }

And the pre-processor recommended 's/Rae/Rhea/'. Sorry Chris. ;-)

Alan.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Ralph Angenendt

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 7:36 PM, Cris Rhea <crhea@rentaclue.com> wrote:
> 1. Would one of the Wiki admins help unwind my Wiki credentials?
> * I originally registered as "crisrhea" (lower case), but was told
> * I should have used "CrisRhea" (camel case).
>
> * I logged in and changed my preferences to use CrisRhea, but I can't
> * access/edit my pages (/CrisRhea, */HowTos/Xen/NvidiaWithXen).
> * Can one of the admins please fix my rights on these two pages?

Done.

> 2. Now that I've written /HowTos/Xen/NvidiaWithXen, how does one
> * get it added to the table of contents/indexes? From wiki.centos.org,
> * I can't navigate to this page via links...

Basically say "I'm done". I'll add it then. To answer your other mail:
With more contributions, normally elevation to the "EditGroup"
happens. Those still cannot change ACLs, but can edit across the wiki.
I'd like to see some text first, before doing so, though.

If anybody else reading this thinks I forgot them and should put them
into EditGroup: Nudge me

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 03-25-2010, 04:21 PM
R P Herrold

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010, Alan Bartlett wrote:

>>> Right, only Ralph and others on the Admin list can create/edit the acl
>>> line. Ralph?
>>
>> Hmm . . . yes. We remember that Ralph wa looking into such matters --
>>
>> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-docs/2010-February/003841.html
>
> #define PRESENT 1
>
> int Ralph = 0, Russ = 0, KB = 0;
>
> if ((Ralph == PRESENT) || (Russ == PRESENT) || (KB == PRESENT)) {

I am around about 60 hours a week in IRC, and try to clear all
email within 24 business hours of its receipt

If some wants logged requests for sercive, I guess we sould
set up a bug tracker category for this, which would put it in
my newsreader and a higher priority part of my mailstream ...
I am not so sure it is warranted, though

I prefer to defer to Ralph in the routine case, as he has
demonstrated that he has matters well in hand, but can and
have offered tweaks in his absence

-- Russ herrold

Old 03-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Marcus Moeller

Good Evening.

>>> Hmm . . . yes. We remember that Ralph wa looking into such matters --
>>>
>>> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-docs/2010-February/003841.html
>>
>> #define *PRESENT 1
>>
>> int Ralph = 0, Russ = 0, KB = 0;
>>
>> if ((Ralph == PRESENT) || (Russ == PRESENT) || (KB == PRESENT)) {
>
> I am around about 60 hours a week in IRC, and try to clear all
> email within 24 business hours of its receipt
>
> If some wants logged requests for sercive, I guess we sould
> set up a bug tracker category for this, which would put it in
> my newsreader and a higher priority part of my mailstream ...
> I am *not so sure it is warranted, though
>
> I prefer to defer to Ralph in the routine case, as he has
> demonstrated that he has matters well in hand, but can and
> have offered tweaks in his absence

Offered my help on that a lot of times and not willing to do so in the future.

Either decide wheter you want to spread the work, or not. If not, just
live with the regressions that actually only ONE person will maintain
ACLs. I will find better things to do with my spare free time.

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 03-25-2010, 07:20 PM
R P Herrold

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010, Marcus Moeller wrote:

> Offered my help on that a lot of times and not willing to do so in the future.
>
> Either decide wheter you want to spread the work, or not. If not, just
> live with the regressions that actually only ONE person will maintain
> ACLs. I will find better things to do with my spare free time.

The issues of your quantity of offers, and the quantity and
severity of asserted regressions are not correlated, that I
can see; I assume your positon is that by adding additional
hands, what regressions are occuring would be reduced.
Probably unarguable, but ... I have better things to do with
my spare time that chase phantoms

I just don't see that 'the regressions' last material amounts
of time, and thus my low interest in formalizing the matter
through our existing bug tracking mechanisms. If I am wrong,
I am open to looking at a stats summary based on reports on
the ML.

I am sure an interested person with an account and a personal
user page, can also start and keep a private stats page in
their userspace, and will prove me wrong, if they feel it has
merit

-- but the delays I see are from people with NonCamel userids
(contrary to our published sugestions on setting such up), or
clerical errors readily fixed. I've long since given up on
thinking people read instructions or google out answers as to
CentOS matters

cheers,

-- Russ herrold

Old 03-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Ralph Angenendt

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 9:10 PM, Marcus Moeller <mail@marcus-moeller.de> wrote:
> Offered my help on that a lot of times and not willing to do so in the future.
>
> Either decide wheter you want to spread the work, or not. If not, just
> live with the regressions that actually only ONE person will maintain
> ACLs. I will find better things to do with my spare free time.

We cannot give away AdminGroup access to the wiki without ripping out
a portion of the wiki which is closed to everyone *except* AdminGroup.
And I also asked more than once if anybody knows a way to model the
ACLs in MoinMoin in a way, that you do not need AdminGroup access to
change them. But I never got an answer to that question.

Sure, I guess we could set up a second wiki instance for internal
things, if that is the easier thing to do.

Ralph