Old 03-26-2010, 07:18 AM
Marcus Moeller

Default Two things...

2010/3/25 R P Herrold <herrold@centos.org>:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2010, Marcus Moeller wrote:
>
>> Offered my help on that a lot of times and not willing to do so in the future.
>>
>> Either decide wheter you want to spread the work, or not. If not, just
>> live with the regressions that actually only ONE person will maintain
>> ACLs. I will find better things to do with my spare free time.
>
> The issues of your quantity of offers, and the quantity and
> severity of asserted regressions are not correlated, that I
> can see; I assume your positon is that by adding additional
> hands, what regressions are occuring would be reduced.
> Probably unarguable, but ... I have better things to do with
> my spare time that chase phantoms
>
> I just don't see that 'the regressions' last material amounts
> of time, and thus my low interest in formalizing the matter
> through our existing bug tracking mechanisms. *If I am wrong,
> I am open to looking at a stats summary based on reports on
> the ML.
>
> I am sure an interested person with an account and a personal
> user page, can also start and keep a private stats page in
> their userspace, and will prove me wrong, if they feel it has
> merit
>
> -- but the delays I see are from people with NonCamel userids
> (contrary to our published sugestions on setting such up), or
> clerical errors readily fixed. *I've long since given up on
> thinking people read instructions or google out answers as to
> CentOS matters

Dear Russ,

thought my English was not that bad, but I have understand nothing
from what you wrote.

Sorry
Marcus

Old 03-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Marcus Moeller

Hi Ralph,

>> Offered my help on that a lot of times and not willing to do so in the future.
>>
>> Either decide wheter you want to spread the work, or not. If not, just
>> live with the regressions that actually only ONE person will maintain
>> ACLs. I will find better things to do with my spare free time.
>
> We cannot give away AdminGroup access to the wiki without ripping out
> a portion of the wiki which is closed to everyone *except* AdminGroup.
> And I also asked more than once if anybody knows a way to model the
> ACLs in MoinMoin in a way, that you do not need AdminGroup access to
> change them. But I never got an answer to that question.

Of course. We have talked about that and I have said that I do not
think it's possible (and already asked for that in the moin irc quite
a while back with the same result). Not sure if someone else was
involved.

> Sure, I guess we could set up a second wiki instance for internal
> things, if that is the easier thing to do.

That would be great.

Best Regards
Marcus

Old 04-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Ralph Angenendt

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Marcus Moeller <mail@marcus-moeller.de> wrote:
> Of course. We have talked about that and I have said that I do not
> think it's possible (and already asked for that in the moin irc quite
> a while back with the same result). Not sure if someone else was
> involved.

That's what I meant with "no answer". Sorry.

As we're doing recursive ACLs, I don't know if setting up another ACL
set will break the recursive set. If that works, EditGroup could have
an admin acl on / - which would be broken then on pages with their own
acls.

I'm away over Easter, though, no idea if I really get close to a computer.

Cheers,

Ralph