Old 12-25-2007, 04:07 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

Default the Kernel Source article needs some modification

I think that the "I Need the Kernel Source" wiki page needs
rewriting/rearranging. It was originally written for CentOS-4 or
older. When CentOS-5 came out, a small section was added as an
update. As a result, the "Maybe not" part is no longer at the top of
the page. I feel that this section is important and therefore must be
placed at the beginning of the wiki page. It will also need some
adjustment to accommodate CentOS-5.

I would volunteer to do the work if no one opposes to making such changes.

Akemi

Old 01-14-2008, 07:49 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Dec 25, 2007 9:07 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that the "I Need the Kernel Source" wiki page needs
> rewriting/rearranging. It was originally written for CentOS-4 or
> older. When CentOS-5 came out, a small section was added as an
> update. As a result, the "Maybe not" part is no longer at the top of
> the page. I feel that this section is important and therefore must be
> placed at the beginning of the wiki page. It will also need some
> adjustment to accommodate CentOS-5.
>
> I would volunteer to do the work if no one opposes to making such changes.
>
> Akemi

Because no one spoke up, I have made the changes to the wiki article:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/I_need_the_Kernel_Source

Taking this opportunity, I'd like to thank Alan J. Bartlett who has
been helping me not only with this page but with other related ones
(Custom Kernel and BuildingKernelModules).

Akemi