Old 12-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Mats Karlsson

Default What I would like to contribute with

Hi,

I saw some errors in the "Amamda backup" article that I would correct
and then I would like to start a "Banners" article that describes what
files have what meaning like, motd, issue, issue.net and what info they
should/could contain.

I have also worked a lot with Asterisk and is keen to move the Fedora
1.4 to CentOS addons but I don't know if this is the right forum.

And then Im also working in a project where a "How to bake your own
CD/DVD" could be comming out from.

My Account is: matsk

A merry Christmas
/Mats

Old 12-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Mats Karlsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I saw some errors in the "Amamda backup" article that I would correct

Go ahead. But edit with care.

> and then I would like to start a "Banners" article that describes what
> files have what meaning like, motd, issue, issue.net and what info they
> should/could contain.

<http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/BannerFiles> - normally we weould
like to see something you already wrote, but I'm weak during christmas
time

Lets talk about the rest after you contributed there ...

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 12-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Matt Hyclak

On Mon, Dec 24, 2007 at 11:48:44AM +0100, Mats Karlsson enlightened us:
> I saw some errors in the "Amamda backup" article that I would correct
> and then I would like to start a "Banners" article that describes what
> files have what meaning like, motd, issue, issue.net and what info they
> should/could contain.

I'm interested in what those errors are? Feel free to e-mail me off-list if
you want to talk about them before editing.

Matt
--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics

Old 12-24-2007, 07:27 PM
Mats Karlsson

Matt Hyclak wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 24, 2007 at 11:48:44AM +0100, Mats Karlsson enlightened us:
>> I saw some errors in the "Amamda backup" article that I would correct
>> and then I would like to start a "Banners" article that describes what
>> files have what meaning like, motd, issue, issue.net and what info they
>> should/could contain.
>>

> I'm interested in what those errors are? Feel free to e-mail me off-list if
> you want to talk about them before editing.
>
> Matt

Matt, I don't have your email.

But I did the change, it was a change in wiki.zmanda.org to wiki.zmanda.com

But I will conferee with you if I make any other adjustments to the
content, this was just a typo or that amanda has killed the wiki in the
.org domain.

And please read my first contribution "Banners" and area that is
forgotten, except for old timers like me ;-)

Merry Christmas
Mats

Old 12-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Mats Karlsson

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Mats Karlsson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I saw some errors in the "Amamda backup" article that I would correct
>
> Go ahead. But edit with care.

I will, I'm not normally the careless dude.

>> and then I would like to start a "Banners" article that describes what
>> files have what meaning like, motd, issue, issue.net and what info they
>> should/could contain.
>
> <http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/BannerFiles> - normally we weould
> like to see something you already wrote, but I'm weak during christmas
> time

Please check the first draft, its not complete but I think you get the
gist of the content from it.
But is it allowed to add attachments like the samples or script so they
could be downloaded to computers with wget instead of copy&past from the
wiki ?

> Lets talk about the rest after you contributed there ...

I will, it is in my interest that the contributions is in line with the
rest of the wiki.

> Cheers,
>
> Ralph

And thx for the incredibly fast response on a holiday.

Kind regards
Mats

Old 12-25-2007, 05:00 AM
Matt Hyclak

On Mon, Dec 24, 2007 at 09:27:57PM +0100, Mats Karlsson enlightened us:
> Matt Hyclak wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 24, 2007 at 11:48:44AM +0100, Mats Karlsson enlightened us:
> >> I saw some errors in the "Amamda backup" article that I would correct
> >> and then I would like to start a "Banners" article that describes what
> >> files have what meaning like, motd, issue, issue.net and what info they
> >> should/could contain.
> >>

> > I'm interested in what those errors are? Feel free to e-mail me off-list if
> > you want to talk about them before editing.
> >
> > Matt
>
> Matt, I don't have your email.
>
> But I did the change, it was a change in wiki.zmanda.org to wiki.zmanda.com

Fair enough :-)

> But I will conferee with you if I make any other adjustments to the
> content, this was just a typo or that amanda has killed the wiki in the
> .org domain.

Probably was a typo on my part, thanks for catching it!

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics