Old 12-10-2007, 01:38 AM
"Akemi Yagi"

Default subscribed wiki pages

On Dec 9, 2007 6:01 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 9, 2007 9:17 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Just to check if gmail's filter is doing something, I have changed my
> > e-mail address to my work e-mail. I do have procmail running, but I
> > can look at the log if the mail in question is trapped.
> >
> > Could someone please edit/change either Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.1
> > or HowTos/FreeNX for me? If I make a change myself, it will not
> > trigger the mailing.
> >
> > Akemi
>
> Heavens, just noticed that Tim is receiving his mail on gmail.com.
> So, that cannot be an issue. Also, since no one was helping me, I
> helped myself by clicking on the "Mail me my account data" button. I
> have not received this e-mail either.

Sorry, I spoke too soon. Just checked the spam filter implemented by
my work place and the e-mail was trapped there. It was caught
probably because of utf-8 characters on the subject line and/or the
sender name "noreply".

Therefore, I still have to wait until someone edits one of my
subscribed pages and see if I get the notice.

Akemi

Old 12-10-2007, 02:34 AM
Karanbir Singh

Akemi Yagi wrote:

I have a few subscribed wiki pages but have never received e-mail
notices when those pages are changed. I remember orc_orc was having
the same issue some time ago. Any hint as to where to look?

have been subscribed to a few pages, never had an issue with updates.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> Sorry, I spoke too soon. Just checked the spam filter implemented by
> my work place and the e-mail was trapped there. It was caught
> probably because of utf-8 characters on the subject line and/or the
> sender name "noreply".

Hmm?

As Tim's mail showed, moin goes out of it's way to *not* put utf-8 data
into the subject line, but to encode it, so that it is 7bit clean.

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 12-10-2007, 10:14 AM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Dec 10, 2007 1:36 AM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:
> Akemi Yagi wrote:
> > Sorry, I spoke too soon. Just checked the spam filter implemented by
> > my work place and the e-mail was trapped there. It was caught
> > probably because of utf-8 characters on the subject line and/or the
> > sender name "noreply".
>
> Hmm?
>
> As Tim's mail showed, moin goes out of it's way to *not* put utf-8 data
> into the subject line, but to encode it, so that it is 7bit clean.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ralph

OK, to see how the trapped e-mail was analyzed, I went to see the
report section of the filter:

=== Spam Analysis Report (Score = 3.2) ===

0.6 NO_REAL_NAME From: does not include a real name
0.1 COMBINED_FROM From address suggests this is spam
0.0 SUBJECT_EXCESS_QP Subject: quoted-printable encoded unnecessarily
0 SPF query returned 'none'
Custom Rule 24: (2.5 points) sender contains noreply
[Note: done by our network guy]

Word: Password (0.079)
Word: password+please (0.060)
Word: password+Login (0.054)
Word: email+lost (0.054)
Word: s*Wiki (0.041)
Word: lost+password (0.035)
Word: use+data (0.031)
Word: use+copy (0.027)
Word: requested+submit (0.020)
Word: Login+Name (0.013)
Word: wiki+centos (0.010)
Word: UserPreferences (0.010)
Word: s*wiki (0.010)
Word: centos (0.010)
Word: password+field (0.010)

Score of 0 points due to statistical analysis
=== end of report ===

However, my real interest is not the filter issue. I have already
whitelisted centos.org. But thing is I have yet to confirm the change
notice e-mail gets sent to me. To increase the chance, I have added
several more pages to the subscribed list. So someday one of those
pages will be edited and I will get the answer to this question.

Akemi