Old 06-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Dag Wieers

Default Added Download page to wiki

Hi,

I have added a Download page to the wiki. Feel free to improve it (but
please do not make it more complex than it already is :-))

I would prefer to make it even more simple, but hate to have the
architecture-selection done by DirectoryIndex. Also the link behind each
architecture looks awful and may scare people away.

It would be much better to have a single link that automatically
translates into the closest mirror. Or have a dynamic selection. (Can we
write MoinMoin plugins for doing this ?)

I chose to not add a bittorrent link, because it would introduce again
several links to each architecture and that would make it even worse. The
link from the mirror however does include torrent-files. Also for this a
better solution would be good.

I also modified the frontpage slightly to have a link to this Download
page because that was missing (for a long time now). People were also
confused to find the release notes behind the different versions, so I
moved them to the download page as well.

Now on to creating a Donate page...
--
-- dag wieers, dag@wieers.com, http://dag.wieers.com/ --

Old 06-24-2008, 06:47 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Dag Wieers <dag@wieers.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have added a Download page to the wiki. Feel free to improve it (but
> please do not make it more complex than it already is :-))
>
> I would prefer to make it even more simple, but hate to have the
> architecture-selection done by DirectoryIndex. Also the link behind each
> architecture looks awful and may scare people away.
>
> It would be much better to have a single link that automatically translates
> into the closest mirror. Or have a dynamic selection. (Can we write MoinMoin
> plugins for doing this ?)
>
> I chose to not add a bittorrent link, because it would introduce again
> several links to each architecture and that would make it even worse. The
> link from the mirror however does include torrent-files. Also for this a
> better solution would be good.

... and this is the page you are referring to... :-)

http://wiki.centos.org/Download

Akemi