Old 06-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Dag Wieers

Default Intro and Translation

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008, wonderer wrote:

Ralph Angenendt schrieb:

wonderer wrote:

So, I have build a Wiki Account under HenrikHeigl. If anybody can give me
write-permission I can put in some stuff :-)

centos-docs list, please - and at the moment we really would prefer if
you told us *what* you want to put in *where*. This will change soon,
but until then ...

Build the own wiki page, put in some odp work, refresh some press related
stuff...

Bu I see, I'll better wait till the structure was buidl up a bit...

Waiting does not work, believe me, I tried it :-)

If you want to be involved and active in the Promo SIG, we should use this
list to discuss things (like the TODO list that I once wrote) and you
obviously need Wiki access to help maintain that part.

Not everything in that list falls directly under the promotional part of
the promo SIG, but promoting CentOS is more than doing some marketing or
events. That is why we did not want to call it 'marketing' (I hate that
word anyway).

Ralph,

How do we work for SIGs ? Would a seperate group be useful per SIG, or do
we rather want to keep it simple and light ?

Old 06-16-2008, 03:57 PM
wonderer

Dag Wieers schrieb:

So, I have build a Wiki Account under HenrikHeigl. If anybody can
give me write-permission I can put in some stuff :-)

centos-docs list, please - and at the moment we really would prefer if
you told us *what* you want to put in *where*. This will change soon,
but until then ...

Build the own wiki page, put in some odp work, refresh some press
related stuff...

Bu I see, I'll better wait till the structure was buidl up a bit...

Waiting does not work, believe me, I tried it :-)

You too? :-)

If you want to be involved and active in the Promo SIG, we should use
this list to discuss things (like the TODO list that I once wrote) and
you obviously need Wiki access to help maintain that part.

Ok.

Not everything in that list falls directly under the promotional part
of the promo SIG, but promoting CentOS is more than doing some
marketing or events. That is why we did not want to call it
'marketing' (I hate that word anyway).
Ok, I'm aware of the differences between PR, Promotion, Marketing and
Advertisement ;-)

I see some main parts to work on:

Promotion - spread the word, make Presentations, DO Events, etc.

PR (inner and outer) - more for the CentOS team itself to work on...

Marketing & Advertisement - here could also the part with CentOS
Commercial be discussed and also how maybe CentOS could involve with
other 3rd partys or maybe get some help from RH... but Thats another
point I think...

cheers
Henrik

Old 06-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Dag Wieers wrote:
> Ralph,
>
> How do we work for SIGs ? Would a seperate group be useful per SIG, or do
> we rather want to keep it simple and light ?

Group for what? AccessGroup on the wiki? We're going to open up that
part anyway in the near future.

Cheers,

Ralph