Old 06-15-2008, 07:07 PM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

Default modern-CentOS-1.10.3

Sometimes content gets out of page due it is larger than screen
visible area. To fix that in modern-CentOS-1.10.3 we introduce
automatically overflow for some table cells and pre elements.

See: http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/WikiDesign/modern-CentOS?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Screenshot-scrolling_text_inside_tables.png

More details in:
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/WikiDesign/modern-CentOS#head-26546ea0073d469748ebf2914636d55fd75ef1e6

Does it is convenient for our wiki ?

Cheers,
al.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:25 PM
"Tim Verhoeven"

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Alain Reguera Delgado
<alain.reguera@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sometimes content gets out of page due it is larger than screen
> visible area. To fix that in modern-CentOS-1.10.3 we introduce
> automatically overflow for some table cells and pre elements.
>
> See: http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/WikiDesign/modern-CentOS?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Screenshot-scrolling_text_inside_tables.png

Just a question, is it possible to make the text just wrap instead of
displaying a scrollbar ? I prefer that, but it should be possible of
course.

Regards,
Tim

(Linus Torvalds)

Old 06-16-2008, 02:22 PM
"Alain Reguera Delgado"

On 6/16/08, Tim Verhoeven <tim.verhoeven.be@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Alain Reguera Delgado
> <alain.reguera@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sometimes content gets out of page due it is larger than screen
>> visible area. To fix that in modern-CentOS-1.10.3 we introduce
>> automatically overflow for some table cells and pre elements.
>>
>> See:
>> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/WikiDesign/modern-CentOS?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Screenshot-scrolling_text_inside_tables.png
>
> Just a question, is it possible to make the text just wrap instead of
> displaying a scrollbar ? I

Text by default do. This behaviour is for codes only, those texts
inside {{{ }}} and ` ` wiki code. We can change this behaviour in
almost any place. Note that in print version the codes are wrapped. Do
you'd like to see codes wrapped in standard wiki view too ? is that
what you mean ?

Cheers,
al.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:24 PM
"Tim Verhoeven"

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Alain Reguera Delgado
<alain.reguera@gmail.com> wrote:
...snip...

> Text by default do. This behaviour is for codes only, those texts
> inside {{{ }}} and ` ` wiki code. We can change this behaviour in
> almost any place. Note that in print version the codes are wrapped. Do
> you'd like to see codes wrapped in standard wiki view too ? is that
> what you mean ?

Yes, that is what I mean. It is just my personal preference. What
there any special reasoning why text inside {{{ }}} and ` ` was not
wrapped upto now ?

Greetings,
Tim

(Linus Torvalds)

Old 06-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Tim Verhoeven wrote:
> Yes, that is what I mean. It is just my personal preference. What
> there any special reasoning why text inside {{{ }}} and ` ` was not
> wrapped upto now ?

Because you don't want to autowrap code:

{{{

if [ $debug -eq 1 ]; then

# This is just an example for debugging. In the real code you might
# want to put something else there instead of the echo statement, like
/bin/rm -rf /home/

echo "I would now remove all home directories

fi
}}}

Ralph

Old 06-20-2008, 12:06 AM
Dag Wieers

Sometimes content gets out of page due it is larger than screen
visible area. To fix that in modern-CentOS-1.10.3 we introduce
automatically overflow for some table cells and pre elements.

See: http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/WikiDesign/modern-CentOS?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Screenshot-scrolling_text_inside_tables.png

More details in:
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/WikiDesign/modern-CentOS#head-26546ea0073d469748ebf2914636d55fd75ef1e6

Does it is convenient for our wiki ?

I like it a lot.

Interested in doing CSS work for my Drupal blog ? :P

Old 06-22-2008, 12:37 AM
"Brandon Cribbs"

I wouldn't have a problem doign some CSS work for your Drupal Blog, just let me know the details of what you would like and I'll let you know what I think.**

Brandon Cribbs
Linux- UNIX System Administretator

bcribbs@stradatgech.net

--