Old 05-24-2008, 01:19 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

Default CentOS 5.2 todo list

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 3:30 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:
> Akemi Yagi wrote:
>> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 4:54 AM, Tim Verhoeven
>> <tim.verhoeven.be@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> - Provide a CentOS png to be displayed on the top of the cube (bug #2633)
>>>
>>> When using compiz make sure there is a CentOS logo on the 3D cube when
>>> changing desktops.
>>
>> Just uploaded a centos logo image file that could be used to replace
>> the fedora file (see http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2633 ) . The
>> image is:
>>
>> http://bugs.centos.org/file_download.php?file_id=487&type=bug
>
> Thanks,
>
> I've just used the logo, and not the 'CentOS' bit, is that ok ?
> --
> Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ : 2522219@icq

Surely. Thanks.

Akemi

Old 05-26-2008, 06:46 AM
Ruomu Hu

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Dag Wieers wrote:
>
>> - Explain what CentOS is and how we relate to upstream
>> - Explain all the additional stuff the CentOS project is doing
>> - Explain that we have SIGs and how they can join them
>> - Explain where to get documentation
>> - Explain how people can help CentOS (contribute, pay C, buy RH)
>> - Explain what Enterprise Linux means and show the release cycle
>> - ...
>>

> There's not really that much space on the slides to do some of the
> things above.

The are currently 9 images in the anaconda rnotes directory for each
language, 01 -- 09.
Can we have e.g. 10-centos-release-cycle, 11-centos-extra etc. or something?

Another question, why is there not a zh_CN or zh_TW directory in the
centos rnotes? Nobody did this before?

Ruomu

Old 05-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Ruomu Hu wrote:
> Another question, why is there not a zh_CN or zh_TW directory in the
> centos rnotes? Nobody did this before?

Exactly.

Ralph

Old 05-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Niels de Vos

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Dag Wieers wrote:
>> Can we have a look at the current CentOS slides and see what we could
>> improve ?
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Release/CentOS5.0AnacondaSlides

I don't have any editing rights there, don't need them either if this
mail is read

My advice for the 05-centos5-centosplus.png would be to change the URL
to <http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories>. The wiki is very helpful and
this link is much easier to remember. On the wiki-page CentOSPlus is the
first repository mentioned, so this even fits to the contents of the slide.

Cheers,
Niels

Old 05-26-2008, 09:34 AM
Ruomu Hu

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Ruomu Hu wrote:
>
>> Another question, why is there not a zh_CN or zh_TW directory in the
>> centos rnotes? Nobody did this before?

I am willing to do this. I'm a native Chinese speaker. BTW, I believe
there're pretty much CentOS users in China.

Romu

Old 05-26-2008, 09:59 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Ruomu Hu wrote:
> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> > Ruomu Hu wrote:
> >
> >> Another question, why is there not a zh_CN or zh_TW directory in the
> >> centos rnotes? Nobody did this before?
> >>

> I am willing to do this. I'm a native Chinese speaker. BTW, I believe
> there're pretty much CentOS users in China.

Good.

Please wait for a call for translation for the Release Notes of CentOS
5.2 (which should go out today to this list).

There is no real chance to do new slides for 5.2, but I put that on my
ToDo list for 5.3. But: It would be great if you could translate our
Release Notes which live on http://wiki.centos.org/ (more details
follow).

What you can do now is register yourself a wiki account there
(FirstnameLastname, please) and tell me when you did so.

Cheers,

Ralph