Old 04-25-2008, 01:10 PM
Kimmo Koivisto

Default CentOS Directory Server (CDS) and more is available for testing

> Tim Verhoeven wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm happy to announce the availability of the CentOS Directory Server
> (CDS) for testing.

Hello

Any plans to build CDS for Centos 4? I have large centos 4 installation base
and cannot upgrade to centos 5 but would like to use CDS.

SRPMS for RHEL4 are available from the upstream provider, I was not able to
compile those, is there anyone that has compiled those for Centos 4?

Regards,
Kimmo Koivisto

Old 04-25-2008, 01:16 PM
"Tim Verhoeven"

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Kimmo Koivisto <koippa@gmail.com> wrote:

> Any plans to build CDS for Centos 4? I have large centos 4 installation base
> and cannot upgrade to centos 5 but would like to use CDS.
>
> SRPMS for RHEL4 are available from the upstream provider, I was not able to
> compile those, is there anyone that has compiled those for Centos 4?

I don't think that we have a redistributable java available for C4.
For C5 we have the openjdk one that is used to build CDS. But without
a such a java on C4 there is not much point in building CDS for C4.
You could just build the actual server (the <brand>-ds-base package)
and use the commandline tools to manage it. But I think it isn't a
good idea to distribute only that for C4.

If someone can get openjdk working on C4 I'm open to revisited this
and started making CDS for C4.

Regards,
Tim

(Linus Torvalds)

Old 09-21-2008, 08:02 AM
"Ivan Levchenko"

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Jason Cox <cscoman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Any updates on when we will see this ready for production use? I would like
> to get away from our current way of providing server authentication and
> implement CDS. I pretty much have the tools written to use CDS now, but I
> can not move forward untill it is out of a "testing" status in my
> environment.
>
> ---
> Jason Cox

Maybe it would be possible to go straight to getting upstream IPA in
centos? it working very good for me....

--

Best Regards,

Ivan Levchenko