Old 10-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Default CentOS Directory Server (CDS) and more is available for testing

Tim Verhoeven wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I've build the latest version of CDS yesterday. These are now
> available in the testing repo. Are there people capable of testing
> these new packages ? I currently don't have the time/resources for
> this. So that would be really helpfull.

Houston, we have a problem:

Error Downloading Packages:
idm-console-framework - 1.1.1-0.el5.centos.4.noarch: failure:
RPMS/idm-console-framework-1.1.1-0.el5.centos.4.noarch.rpm from
c5-testing: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

Local download and install works.

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 10-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Houston, we have a problem:
>
> Error Downloading Packages:
> idm-console-framework - 1.1.1-0.el5.centos.4.noarch: failure:
> RPMS/idm-console-framework-1.1.1-0.el5.centos.4.noarch.rpm from
> c5-testing: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
>
> Local download and install works.

Okay, that wasn't the complete error message >

Downloading Packages:
(1/1): idm-console-framew 100% |=========================| 1.0 MB 00:00
http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/testing/x86_64/RPMS/idm-console-framework-1.1.1-0.el5.centos.4.noarch.rpm:
[Errno -1] Package does not match intended download
Trying other mirror.

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 10-15-2008, 01:09 PM
"Tim Verhoeven"

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:
> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>> Houston, we have a problem:
>>
>> Error Downloading Packages:
>> idm-console-framework - 1.1.1-0.el5.centos.4.noarch: failure:
>> RPMS/idm-console-framework-1.1.1-0.el5.centos.4.noarch.rpm from
>> c5-testing: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
>>
>> Local download and install works.
>
> Okay, that wasn't the complete error message >
>
> Downloading Packages:
> (1/1): idm-console-framew 100% |=========================| 1.0 MB 00:00
> http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/testing/x86_64/RPMS/idm-console-framework-1.1.1-0.el5.centos.4.noarch.rpm:
> [Errno -1] Package does not match intended download
> Trying other mirror.

Weird, that used to work. I've seen that error before and recreate the
metadata usually works, but I can't do that for the testing repo.

Regards,
Tim

(Linus Torvalds)

Old 10-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Tim Verhoeven wrote:
>>> Downloading Packages:
>>> (1/1): idm-console-framew 100% |=========================| 1.0 MB 00:00
>>> http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/testing/x86_64/RPMS/idm-console-framework-1.1.1-0.el5.centos.4.noarch.rpm:
>>> [Errno -1] Package does not match intended download
>>> Trying other mirror.
>>
>> Weird, that used to work. I've seen that error before and recreate the
>> metadata usually works, but I can't do that for the testing repo.
>
> I can rerun that now. But the fact that it ( yum ) can see the new
> package should / would indicate that createrepo saw the package the
> first time out as well.

And as that package is from April 2008 ...

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 10-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> the process, as it works now is ( completely automated ):
>
> buildqueue -> builder -> results -> collect rpms -> sign -> rsync to
> dev.centos.org; the metadata is then build locally on the machine via a
> ssh trigger. So not sure why it would break. Next time this happens,
> I'll backup the repomd/ dir

Works now.

Cheers (and thanks),

Ralph

Old 10-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Ryan Faussett wrote:
> I apologize for this. What are you referring to when you say "IPA stuff" ?

I'd guess he refers to this: <http://www.redhat.com/enterprise_ipa/>

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 10-15-2008, 02:26 PM
"Tim Verhoeven"

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 4:23 PM, Ryan Faussett <ryan.faussett@netbiz.com> wrote:
> I apologize for this. What are you referring to when you say "IPA stuff" ?

Hi,

See this : http://freeipa.org/page/Main_Page

And upstream has released a rebranded/stable version of it. The plan
is to rebuild and rebrand that one as part of the CDS suite.

Regards,
Tim

(Linus Torvalds)

Old 10-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Tim Verhoeven wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I've build the latest version of CDS yesterday. These are now
> available in the testing repo. Are there people capable of testing
> these new packages ? I currently don't have the time/resources for
> this. So that would be really helpfull.

One thing which is really ugly is that the package does not create a
user and group for the directory server and uses "nobody" as a default.

This can easily be patched into the perl modules (has to happen in
modules in centos-ds-base and centos-ds-admin) - and the base package
should create a user and group "dirserv" (or similar).

Opinions?

Ralph

Old 10-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Angel Marin

Ralph Angenendt wrote:

Tim Verhoeven wrote:

Hi again,

I've build the latest version of CDS yesterday. These are now
available in the testing repo. Are there people capable of testing
these new packages ? I currently don't have the time/resources for
this. So that would be really helpfull.

One thing which is really ugly is that the package does not create a
user and group for the directory server and uses "nobody" as a default.

This can easily be patched into the perl modules (has to happen in
modules in centos-ds-base and centos-ds-admin) - and the base package
should create a user and group "dirserv" (or similar).

Opinions?

IIRC setup-ds.pl already asks for user/group you want to use for the new
instance and creates them/sets up the appropriate permissions. So what
would this rpm-created user buy us?

BTW, I've been running the new rpms in a couple instances for over a day
now and they've answered a few 10s of thousands of queries without a glitch.

--
Angel Marin
http://anmar.eu.org/

Old 10-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Angel Marin wrote:
> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>> One thing which is really ugly is that the package does not create a
>> user and group for the directory server and uses "nobody" as a default.
>>
>> This can easily be patched into the perl modules (has to happen in
>> modules in centos-ds-base and centos-ds-admin) - and the base package
>> should create a user and group "dirserv" (or similar).
>>
>> Opinions?
>
> IIRC setup-ds.pl already asks for user/group you want to use for the new
> instance and creates them/sets up the appropriate permissions. So what
> would this rpm-created user buy us?

Okay, I didn't see that when installing, I think you had to create those
users beforehand.

Let me test again >

Cheers,

Ralph