Old 04-16-2008, 06:58 PM
"Tim Verhoeven"

Default CentOS Directory Server (CDS) and more is available for testing

Hello,

I'm happy to announce the availability of the CentOS Directory Server
(CDS) for testing. The exact details on how to install it can be found
on this wiki page :

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/DirectoryServerSetup

Besides functional testing of CDS it would also be great if you could
watch out for errors in the rebranding (meaning the use of upstream's
name and/or logo).

Any issues you encounter are to be reported here, but you can also
come to the #centos-qa IRC on freenode for support. Also the
documentation for CDS can be found on our website at
http://www.centos.org/docs/5/.

Besides CDS there are other things in the testing repo on
dev.centos.org that could use some testing. These include the openjdk
1.6 java version, the vm kernels (tuned for use inside VMWare etc) and
a newer version of mysql. We are also looking for feedback on those
things so we can move stuff to CentOS Extras or CentOS Plus.

Happy testing,
Tim

(Linus Torvalds)

Old 08-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Brandon Davidson

Hi Tim,

What's the current plan for CDS? It's been ages since I saw any activity
around it. Upstream has released a few updates, which it would be nice to
have, and it would be nice if it could leave Testing some day. Are there hopes
to eventually move it to Extras, or its own repo, or is this how it is going
to stay?

I have a few in-house projects that I'm hoping to build on top of CDS and
FreeIPA, but I don't want to push them until CDS is somewhat officially
released. Is there anything I can do to help make this happen?

Thanks,

-Brandon

--
Brandon Davidson
Systems Administrator

Old 09-19-2008, 09:06 PM
"Jason Cox"

Tim Verhoeven wrote:
> I'm happy to announce the availability of the CentOS Directory Server
> (CDS) for testing. The exact details on how to install it can be found
> on this wiki page :

Any updates on when we will see this ready for production use? I would like to get away from our current way of providing server authentication and implement CDS. I pretty much have the tools written to use CDS now, but I can not move forward untill it is out of a "testing" status in my environment.

---
Jason Cox