Old 09-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Madhurranjan Mohaan

Default Centos Test times

Hi,

We were discussing build and test times on the IRC and one suggestion was to get information around tests and how much time its taking .*

Attached is a script used to run the tests and the final csv in descending order that gives you the tests and the time taken . Most of the time is taken by the installs . I've also included the csv which has errors when I ran these tests. These were run on a Centos 6 VM.*

This experiment didn't seem to use the nearest mirror. So for the next run, added the local mirror and the results are in the csv - "sorted_test_times_3_descending.csv"

Suggestions to make this better would be great as well .*

thanks,

Mamu

Old 09-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Karanbir Singh

Hi Mamu

thanks for taking this up - its very helpful.

On 09/21/2012 03:02 PM, Madhurranjan Mohaan wrote:
> We were discussing build and test times on the IRC and one suggestion
> was to get information around tests and how much time its taking .

The massive times for yum install ops are almost certainly down to i/o
on the VM's doing the testing and bandwidth available to pull packages
down.

Over the next few days, I am going to try and get a better setup in
place in a single location that runs the tests behind ci.dev.centos.org
- lets see if we can atleast reduce some of the i/o and bandwidth
bottlenecks.

The overall run time apart from the install operations seems to be well
under 4 minutes, which should be acceptable at this point.

Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax