-   -   Centos Test times (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/706120-centos-test-times.html)

Madhurranjan Mohaan 09-21-2012 02:02 PM

Centos Test times

Hi,

We were discussing build and test times on the IRC and one suggestion was to get information around tests and how much time its taking .*

Attached is a script used to run the tests and the final csv in descending order that gives you the tests and the time taken . Most of the time is taken by the installs . I've also included the csv which has errors when I ran these tests. These were run on a Centos 6 VM.*

This experiment didn't seem to use the nearest mirror. So for the next run, added the local mirror and the results are in the csv - "sorted_test_times_3_descending.csv"

Suggestions to make this better would be great as well .*

thanks,

Mamu

Karanbir Singh 09-21-2012 03:34 PM

Centos Test times

Hi Mamu

thanks for taking this up - its very helpful.

On 09/21/2012 03:02 PM, Madhurranjan Mohaan wrote:
> We were discussing build and test times on the IRC and one suggestion
> was to get information around tests and how much time its taking .

The massive times for yum install ops are almost certainly down to i/o
on the VM's doing the testing and bandwidth available to pull packages
down.

Over the next few days, I am going to try and get a better setup in
place in a single location that runs the tests behind ci.dev.centos.org
- lets see if we can atleast reduce some of the i/o and bandwidth
bottlenecks.

The overall run time apart from the install operations seems to be well
under 4 minutes, which should be acceptable at this point.

Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax