Old 08-24-2012, 03:32 AM
Johnny Hughes

Default mod_security for CentOS-5 and CentOS-6

The latest version of mod_security has been built for CentOS-5 and
CentOS-6. Also included with in the CentOS-5 build is the version of
lua that ships with CentOS-6.3 as it is a requirement for the latest
mod_security.

Please test this build and provide feedback so that we can get this
released or fixed if there are issues.

http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/mod_security/

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes

Old 08-24-2012, 05:45 AM
Keith Keller

On 2012-08-24, Johnny Hughes <johnny@centos.org> wrote:
> The latest version of mod_security has been built for CentOS-5 and
> CentOS-6. Also included with in the CentOS-5 build is the version of
> lua that ships with CentOS-6.3 as it is a requirement for the latest
> mod_security.
>
> Please test this build and provide feedback so that we can get this
> released or fixed if there are issues.

In what contexts might this package be safe and/or unsafe? Are there
any known bugs where we might want to avoid installing or using in
certain production environments?

--keith

--
kkeller@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us

Old 08-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 08/24/2012 06:45 AM, Keith Keller wrote:
> On 2012-08-24, Johnny Hughes <johnny@centos.org> wrote:
>> The latest version of mod_security has been built for CentOS-5 and
>> CentOS-6. Also included with in the CentOS-5 build is the version of
>> lua that ships with CentOS-6.3 as it is a requirement for the latest
>> mod_security.
>>
>> Please test this build and provide feedback so that we can get this
>> released or fixed if there are issues.
>
> In what contexts might this package be safe and/or unsafe? Are there
> any known bugs where we might want to avoid installing or using in
> certain production environments?

this is exactly the sort of test feedback that were looking for from
people on this list.

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax

Old 08-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Johnny Hughes

On 08/24/2012 12:45 AM, Keith Keller wrote:
> On 2012-08-24, Johnny Hughes <johnny@centos.org> wrote:
>> The latest version of mod_security has been built for CentOS-5 and
>> CentOS-6. Also included with in the CentOS-5 build is the version of
>> lua that ships with CentOS-6.3 as it is a requirement for the latest
>> mod_security.
>>
>> Please test this build and provide feedback so that we can get this
>> released or fixed if there are issues.
>
> In what contexts might this package be safe and/or unsafe? Are there
> any known bugs where we might want to avoid installing or using in
> certain production environments?
>
> --keith

This is the latest version of mod_security and the latest version of the
CRS rule set. It should be absolutely fine to use in production ...
assuming no bugs

The SPEC file is the one used for Fedora 17, but this is a newer version
of mod_security than they have there.

I think it is good to go, but we won't know for sure until we get it
tested.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:33 PM
Keith Keller

On 2012-08-24, Johnny Hughes <johnny@centos.org> wrote:

> This is the latest version of mod_security and the latest version of the
> CRS rule set. It should be absolutely fine to use in production ...
> assuming no bugs

Well, this is embarassing, I misread and was expecting a yum plugin.
Oops!

At any rate, I think the repo file for 6 has a typo: the sources URL
should end in /Source/, not /Sources/.

--keith

--
kkeller@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us