-   -   mod_security for CentOS-5 and CentOS-6 (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/697196-mod_security-centos-5-centos-6-a.html)

Johnny Hughes 08-24-2012 03:32 AM

mod_security for CentOS-5 and CentOS-6

The latest version of mod_security has been built for CentOS-5 and
CentOS-6. Also included with in the CentOS-5 build is the version of
lua that ships with CentOS-6.3 as it is a requirement for the latest
mod_security.

Please test this build and provide feedback so that we can get this
released or fixed if there are issues.

http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/mod_security/

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes

Keith Keller 08-24-2012 05:45 AM

On 2012-08-24, Johnny Hughes <johnny@centos.org> wrote:
> The latest version of mod_security has been built for CentOS-5 and
> CentOS-6. Also included with in the CentOS-5 build is the version of
> lua that ships with CentOS-6.3 as it is a requirement for the latest
> mod_security.
>
> Please test this build and provide feedback so that we can get this
> released or fixed if there are issues.

In what contexts might this package be safe and/or unsafe? Are there
any known bugs where we might want to avoid installing or using in
certain production environments?

--keith

--
kkeller@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us

Karanbir Singh 08-24-2012 03:16 PM

On 08/24/2012 06:45 AM, Keith Keller wrote:
> On 2012-08-24, Johnny Hughes <johnny@centos.org> wrote:
>> The latest version of mod_security has been built for CentOS-5 and
>> CentOS-6. Also included with in the CentOS-5 build is the version of
>> lua that ships with CentOS-6.3 as it is a requirement for the latest
>> mod_security.
>>
>> Please test this build and provide feedback so that we can get this
>> released or fixed if there are issues.
>
> In what contexts might this package be safe and/or unsafe? Are there
> any known bugs where we might want to avoid installing or using in
> certain production environments?

this is exactly the sort of test feedback that were looking for from
people on this list.

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax

Johnny Hughes 08-24-2012 08:47 PM

On 08/24/2012 12:45 AM, Keith Keller wrote:
> On 2012-08-24, Johnny Hughes <johnny@centos.org> wrote:
>> The latest version of mod_security has been built for CentOS-5 and
>> CentOS-6. Also included with in the CentOS-5 build is the version of
>> lua that ships with CentOS-6.3 as it is a requirement for the latest
>> mod_security.
>>
>> Please test this build and provide feedback so that we can get this
>> released or fixed if there are issues.
>
> In what contexts might this package be safe and/or unsafe? Are there
> any known bugs where we might want to avoid installing or using in
> certain production environments?
>
> --keith

This is the latest version of mod_security and the latest version of the
CRS rule set. It should be absolutely fine to use in production ...
assuming no bugs :D

The SPEC file is the one used for Fedora 17, but this is a newer version
of mod_security than they have there.

I think it is good to go, but we won't know for sure until we get it
tested.

Keith Keller 08-24-2012 11:33 PM

On 2012-08-24, Johnny Hughes <johnny@centos.org> wrote:

> This is the latest version of mod_security and the latest version of the
> CRS rule set. It should be absolutely fine to use in production ...
> assuming no bugs :D

Well, this is embarassing, I misread and was expecting a yum plugin.
Oops!

At any rate, I think the repo file for 6 has a typo: the sources URL
should end in /Source/, not /Sources/.

--keith

--
kkeller@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us