Old 08-17-2012, 09:09 AM
"Matthew Patton"

Default please add vnconfig to minimal install CD

per http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOSMinimalCD6.3

<quote>
The aim of this disk is to install a CentOS 6.3 system which has a minimum
of packages needed to have a functional system, with no compromise
regarding security and fully network and yum aware
</quote>

Which is quite funny since vconfig didn't get included which is WAY more
common and important than FCoE and some other bits...

Can someone please update the package list?

--
Cloud Services Architect, Senior System Administrator
InfoRelay Online Systems (www.inforelay.com)

Old 08-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Karanbir Singh

Hi,

On 08/17/2012 10:09 AM, Matthew Patton wrote:
> per http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOSMinimalCD6.3
>
> <quote>
> The aim of this disk is to install a CentOS 6.3 system which has a minimum
> of packages needed to have a functional system, with no compromise
> regarding security and fully network and yum aware
> </quote>
>
> Which is quite funny since vconfig didn't get included which is WAY more
> common and important than FCoE and some other bits...

you seem to be confused between block device management and network
layer management. They are not really inter replaceable.

> Can someone please update the package list?

afaict, vconfig was included in the past due to the fake dep that dracut
had on vconfig ( although it wasent doing anything with it ); since that
bug got fixed vconfig seems to have been dropped.

If you want to see it added in, I am sure it can be - there is plenty of
disk space left still on the minimal iso. Go ahead and open a report for
this and tag it 6.4-QA

Thanks

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax