-   -   Upgrading centos 6.2 to centos 6.3 (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/689233-upgrading-centos-6-2-centos-6-3-a.html)

Akemi Yagi 07-31-2012 03:50 PM

Upgrading centos 6.2 to centos 6.3

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 8:07 AM, Shadreck Chitauro
<schitauro@polytechnic.edu.na> wrote:

> I have my centos 6.2, I installed all the packages from DVD1 and DVD2 using
> yum, I have configured my local repository. The problem now I want to
> upgrade my system to centos 6.3. I downloaded DVD1 and DVD2 for centos 6.3.
> I use the first dvd and it says you need to have disc 1 and two. I started
> the upgrade process when it prompts me to put disc 2 I used my dvd2 and its
> saying “that is not the correct disc”. What should I do now? Help!

Is your CentOS 32-bit? If so, you may be affected by this bug:

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=5861
( solution provided )

Akemi

Karanbir Singh 08-02-2012 07:38 PM

On 08/02/2012 08:41 PM, Shadreck Chitauro wrote:
> “An unhandled exception has occurred. This is most likely a bug. Please
> save a copy of the detailed exception and file a bug report”

did you save a copy of the exception and file a bug report at
http://bugs.centos.org/ ?

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax

"Shadreck Chitauro" 08-02-2012 07:41 PM

Upgrading centos 6.2 to centos 6.3

I posted my issue regarding the subject above and I got responses from two people and thank you for that.
*
I managed to download the correct version for the centos 6.3 DVD2.iso but my problem when im asked to put disc 2 it will generate the following error:
*
“An unhandled exception has occurred. This is most likely a bug. Please save a copy of the detailed exception and file a bug report”
*
What could be the problem now.
*
Rgds,