Old 05-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Karanbir Singh

Default LinuxTag Feedback : A CentOS Cloud Kernel

hi,

One of the things that came up in the LinuxTag Conversations was that we
should have a lightweight Cloud Optimised CentOS kernel, to compliment
the CentOS Plus one that we have already.

What does everyone on the list feel about something of that nature ? and
what would the highlights of this kernel be ?

- KB
--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax

Old 05-29-2012, 11:38 AM
David Hrbáč

Dne 29.5.2012 13:33, Karanbir Singh napsal(a):
> hi,
>
> One of the things that came up in the LinuxTag Conversations was that we
> should have a lightweight Cloud Optimised CentOS kernel, to compliment
> the CentOS Plus one that we have already.
>
> What does everyone on the list feel about something of that nature ? and
> what would the highlights of this kernel be ?
>
> - KB

Hi,
Sounds pretty good to me. Vmware support (eth, vga) out-of-the-box is
mandatory for me to use such kernel.
DH

Old 05-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Kailash Marthi

> hi,
>
> One of the things that came up in the LinuxTag Conversations was that we
> should have a lightweight Cloud Optimised CentOS kernel, to compliment
> the CentOS Plus one that we have already.

> What does everyone on the list feel about something of that nature ? and
> what would the highlights of this kernel be ?

> - KB

support for SR-IOV drivers for GPUs, ethernet, infiniband with KVM, Xen
would be top requirements

Old 05-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 05/29/2012 12:46 PM, Kailash Marthi wrote:
>> One of the things that came up in the LinuxTag Conversations was that we
>> should have a lightweight Cloud Optimised CentOS kernel, to compliment
>> the CentOS Plus one that we have already.
> support for SR-IOV drivers for GPUs, ethernet, infiniband with KVM, Xen
> would be top requirements

Wont those sort of things typically be targeting a host kernel rather
than a cloud instance kernel ( and are those bits not already there -
except Xen on dom0 )

- KB