-   -   kdump / crash (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/650481-kdump-crash.html)

Karanbir Singh 03-29-2012 06:57 PM

kdump / crash

hi guys,

anyone fancy writing a howto for wiki.centos.org on using kdump/crash
and extracting relevant info ?

thanks

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax

Gianluca Cecchi 03-29-2012 09:59 PM

kdump / crash

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 8:57 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> anyone fancy writing a howto for wiki.centos.org on using kdump/crash
> and extracting relevant info ?
>
> thanks

About two years ago I had to set up a netdump server to debug kernel
hangs and send crash to RH EL support.
I can try to search through the implementation notes I wrote and adapt
to both CentOS and major version 6.x
I was forced to configure it in RH EL 5.4 days because internal disks
cciss drivers didn't support to make a local dump.
Never tried in 6.x versions.

Let me check and come back.

Gianluca