Old 03-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Marcos Lois Bermúdez

Default How get a spec file with all macros expanded

Hi,

I'm building some packages using CentOS 6, and i have a question that i
can't get answer for, i think that is a common task in rpm build that
will get some info that will help in automate some process.

I need to get a spec file with all macro exanded, so i can extract info
of buildrequires, etc..

Regards.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Phil Schaffner

Marcos Lois Bermúdez wrote on 03/27/2012 06:56 AM:
> Hi,
>
> I'm building some packages using CentOS 6, and i have a question that i
> can't get answer for, i think that is a common task in rpm build that
> will get some info that will help in automate some process.
>
> I need to get a spec file with all macro exanded, so i can extract info
> of buildrequires, etc..

Marcos,

Wrong list. This list if for discussion of the development of CentOS.
General questions such as yours should be directed to the user's list.

Phil

Old 03-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Johnny Hughes

On 03/27/2012 05:56 AM, Marcos Lois Bermúdez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm building some packages using CentOS 6, and i have a question that i
> can't get answer for, i think that is a common task in rpm build that
> will get some info that will help in automate some process.
>
> I need to get a spec file with all macro exanded, so i can extract info
> of buildrequires, etc..

If you want to know the buildrequries, you can do this to with the SRPM:

rpm -qp --requires <name>.src.rpm

You can also extract the spec file directly with the command and then do
things with sed or grep to that file:

rpm2cpio <name>.src.rpm | cpio -i *.spec

You can also see all the macro information for rpm with the command:

rpmbuild --showrc

Old 03-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Marcos Lois Bermúdez

Hi,

I apologize for my ignorance, i will put my question on that list.

Regards.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Marcos Lois Bermúdez

Hi,

Thanks for you fast reply.

I know this solutions, but don0t fix my problem, i can extract the
spec file, but this can have if macros in some parts, that will en
with more or less buildrequires, etc.

I don't know if this is posible, so i only want a already
preprocesed spec file with all macros expanded so i can extract
acurate info of package build.

I will ask this on user list, as this list is only for development.

Regards.