Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   CentOS Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/)
-   -   CentOS plus kernel-devel x86_64 with incomplete Module.symvers? (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/637793-centos-plus-kernel-devel-x86_64-incomplete-module-symvers.html)

Akemi Yagi 02-26-2012 04:41 PM

CentOS plus kernel-devel x86_64 with incomplete Module.symvers?
 
On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Thomas Jacob <jacob@internet24.de> wrote:

> $ awk '{print $4;}' /usr/src/kernels/2.6.32-220.4.2.el6.x86_64/Module.symvers | sort | uniq -c
> * *2716 EXPORT_SYMBOL*
> * *1957 EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL*

However this is not a centosplus kernel. It should say:

/usr/src/kernels/2.6.32-220.4.2.el6.centos.plus.x86_64/Module.symvers

And I see:

$ awk '{print $4;}'
/usr/src/kernels/2.6.32-220.4.2.el6.centos.plus.x86_64/Module.symvers
| sort | uniq -c
6193 EXPORT_SYMBOL
3897 EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL

Akemi
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Thomas Jacob 02-26-2012 04:54 PM

CentOS plus kernel-devel x86_64 with incomplete Module.symvers?
 
On Feb 26, 2012, at 6:41 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Thomas Jacob <jacob@internet24.de> wrote:
>
> However this is not a centosplus kernel. It should say:
>
> /usr/src/kernels/2.6.32-220.4.2.el6.centos.plus.x86_64/Module.symvers
>
> And I see:
>
> $ awk '{print $4;}'
> /usr/src/kernels/2.6.32-220.4.2.el6.centos.plus.x86_64/Module.symvers
> | sort | uniq -c
> 6193 EXPORT_SYMBOL
> 3897 EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL


Oh yes, sorry about that, I seem to have mixed this up with
the "updates" packages of CentOS proper.

So is this an RHEL upstream problem then? Sorry I am rather
new to the CentOS package building intrinsics ....


> Akemi
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS-devel mailing list
> CentOS-devel@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Akemi Yagi 02-26-2012 04:58 PM

CentOS plus kernel-devel x86_64 with incomplete Module.symvers?
 
On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Thomas Jacob <jacob@internet24.de> wrote:
>
> On Feb 26, 2012, at 6:41 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Thomas Jacob <jacob@internet24.de> wrote:
>>
>> However this is not a centosplus kernel. It should say:
>>
>> /usr/src/kernels/2.6.32-220.4.2.el6.centos.plus.x86_64/Module.symvers
>>
>> And I see:
>>
>> $ awk '{print $4;}'
>> /usr/src/kernels/2.6.32-220.4.2.el6.centos.plus.x86_64/Module.symvers
>> | sort | uniq -c
>> * 6193 EXPORT_SYMBOL
>> * 3897 EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL
>
>
> Oh yes, sorry about that, I seem to have mixed this up with
> the "updates" packages of CentOS proper.
>
> So is this an RHEL upstream problem then? Sorry I am rather
> new to the CentOS package building intrinsics ....

I don't think this problem exists in the RHEL kernel. Could someone
check the distro CentOS 2.6.32-220.4.2.el6 kernel?

Akemi
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Thomas Göttgens 02-26-2012 10:37 PM

CentOS plus kernel-devel x86_64 with incomplete Module.symvers?
 
Guten Tag Manuel,

you threw in a 686 kernel at the 3rd prompt :-) - Still the numbers
differ from the OP...

[root@pegasus ~]# awk '{print $4;}' /usr/src/kernels/2.6.32-220.4.2.el6.x86_64/Module.symvers | sort | uniq -c
6094 EXPORT_SYMBOL
3888 EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL

> [wolfy@wolfy2 V101]$ awk '{print $4;}'
> /usr/src/kernels/2.6.32-220.2.1.el6.x86_64/Module.symvers | sort | uniq -c
> 6094 EXPORT_SYMBOL
> 3888 EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL
> [wolfy@wolfy2 V101]$ awk '{print $4;}'
> /usr/src/kernels/2.6.32-220.4.1.el6.x86_64/Module.symvers | sort | uniq -c
> 6094 EXPORT_SYMBOL
> 3888 EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL
> [root@DB ~]# awk '{print $4;}'
> /usr/src/kernels/2.6.32-220.4.2.el6.i686/Module.symvers | sort | uniq -c
> 6124 EXPORT_SYMBOL
> 3706 EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL

> _______________________________________________
> CentOS-devel mailing list
> CentOS-devel@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel



--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Thomas Göttgens
mailto:tgoettgens@gmail.com

_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

Thomas Jacob 02-27-2012 08:10 AM

CentOS plus kernel-devel x86_64 with incomplete Module.symvers?
 
Sorry for not mentioning that on the list also, but there is no bug,
the whole thing was related to a corrupted file on my
system, cf. http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=5550


On Feb 27, 2012, at 9:40 AM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

> On 02/27/2012 01:37 AM, Thomas Göttgens wrote:
>> Guten Tag Manuel,
>>
>> you threw in a 686 kernel at the 3rd prompt :-) - Still the numbers
>> differ from the OP...
> On purpose. Results taken from a different machine with different arch.
> The original poster used results for 32 bits and I wanted to rule out
> smtg specific to a particular arch.
>
>
>> [root@pegasus ~]# awk '{print $4;}' /usr/src/kernels/2.6.32-220.4.2.el6.x86_64/Module.symvers | sort | uniq -c
>> 6094 EXPORT_SYMBOL
>> 3888 EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL
>>
>>> [wolfy@wolfy2 V101]$ awk '{print $4;}'
>>> /usr/src/kernels/2.6.32-220.2.1.el6.x86_64/Module.symvers | sort | uniq -c
>>> 6094 EXPORT_SYMBOL
>>> 3888 EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL
>>> [wolfy@wolfy2 V101]$ awk '{print $4;}'
>>> /usr/src/kernels/2.6.32-220.4.1.el6.x86_64/Module.symvers | sort | uniq -c
>>> 6094 EXPORT_SYMBOL
>>> 3888 EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL
>>> [root@DB ~]# awk '{print $4;}'
>>> /usr/src/kernels/2.6.32-220.4.2.el6.i686/Module.symvers | sort | uniq -c
>>> 6124 EXPORT_SYMBOL
>>> 3706 EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> CentOS-devel mailing list
>>> CentOS-devel@centos.org
>>> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Manuel Wolfshant linux registered user #131416
> IT manager NoBug Consulting SRL
> A: Yes.
>> Q: Are you sure?
>>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>>> Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS-devel mailing list
> CentOS-devel@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel

_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:41 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.