Old 02-08-2012, 04:06 PM
"Phoenix, Merka"

Default Dual Layer DVD iso for 6.3 / 5.8

Karanbir,

As the potential base of machines that might need the CD-ROM-sized ISOs shrinks,
how about this as a viable alternative:

Distribute the DVD (single layer, two ISOs), and dual-layer DVD (one ISO)
together with a script that would be able to split these into a set of CD-ROM-sized ISOs,
and MD5/SHA1 checksums (perhaps based on the result of the same script run by CentOS group).

This would allow downstream mirrors (who might serve a different population of users)
to still offer the smaller downloads to their users who do not have DVD-ROM drives,
while reducing the need to store all the possible combinations at the main disribution
and mirror sites serving the "majority" population.

Cheers!

Simba
Engineering