Old 02-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Karanbir Singh

Default Dual Layer DVD iso for 6.3 / 5.8

Hi Guys,

there were some great conversations and ideas that came from the Fosdem
weekend, over the next few days I'll try and summarise as many as I can
and get some conversations started around the ideas.

One thing that came up a few times, and Andreas mentioned as well, was
that it might be a good idea to produce a single DVD iso, suitable for
use on large dual layer DVD's as they are now starting to become more
popular.

Its fairly easy to do, however I would not be all that keen on exporting
that via the regular mirrors. Therefore expanding the idea a bit :

- Should we consider doing CD isos as well as dual layer DVD ones ?

- Should we consider only having these two media formats available via
torrent ?

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax

Old 02-06-2012, 06:57 PM
David Hrbáč

Dne 6.2.2012 20:40, Karanbir Singh napsal(a):
> Hi Guys,
>
> Its fairly easy to do, however I would not be all that keen on exporting
> that via the regular mirrors. Therefore expanding the idea a bit :
>
> - Should we consider doing CD isos as well as dual layer DVD ones ?
>
> - Should we consider only having these two media formats available via
> torrent ?

Karanbir,
For me these two are ok, and distributed via HTTP.
- single large ISO
- small netboot ISO
I can't remember ISO image burning... Everyone, I can think of, mounts
ISOs nowadays.
DH

Old 02-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Jake Shipton