-   -   AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01) elrepo no driver (Maybe OT) (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/626118-ar9485-wireless-network-adapter-rev-01-elrepo-no-driver-maybe-ot.html)

Phil Savoie 01-28-2012 01:53 PM

AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01) elrepo no driver (Maybe OT)

Hi All,

This wireless device came with this hp pavilion g4 laptop and noticed
that elrepo has no driver for this. I know enough how to compile and
install modules but not how to build a kmod package. I got the drivers
from here: http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k and used
this snapshot compat-wireless-2012-01-19.tar.bz2 to build and load the
module which works fine on this laptop.

I was wondering if the folks at elrepo would consider building a kmod
package for this?

Phil

Akemi Yagi 01-28-2012 02:08 PM

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 6:53 AM, Phil Savoie <psavoie1783@rogers.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This wireless device came with this hp pavilion g4 laptop and noticed
> that elrepo has no driver for this. *I know enough how to compile and
> install modules but not how to build a kmod package. *I got the drivers
> from here: *http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k and used
> this snapshot compat-wireless-2012-01-19.tar.bz2 to build and load the
> module which works fine on this laptop.
>
> I was wondering if the folks at elrepo would consider building a kmod
> package for this?

Sure, if you use the right place for the request:

http://elrepo.org/bugs/main_page.php

Akemi

Phil Savoie 01-28-2012 02:58 PM

On 01/28/2012 10:08 AM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 6:53 AM, Phil Savoie <psavoie1783@rogers.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> This wireless device came with this hp pavilion g4 laptop and noticed
>> that elrepo has no driver for this. I know enough how to compile and
>> install modules but not how to build a kmod package. I got the drivers
>> from here: http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k and used
>> this snapshot compat-wireless-2012-01-19.tar.bz2 to build and load the
>> module which works fine on this laptop.
>>
>> I was wondering if the folks at elrepo would consider building a kmod
>> package for this?
>
> Sure, if you use the right place for the request:
>
> http://elrepo.org/bugs/main_page.php
>
> Akemi

thank you for this!!

Phil