Old 01-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Patrick Lists

Default Promo Stuff request management

Hi Karanbir,

On 26-01-12 18:24, Karanbir Singh wrote:
[snip]
> It would be great if there was some s/w that
> could be installed on one of our machines that would allow us to add the
> tshirt quantities and sizes and colours in, and then let people
> essentially check-out.

Wouldn't any shopping cart work for this purpose?

nopdesign.com/freecart/
zen-cart.com
opencart.com
cubecart.com
prestashop.com
agoracart.com
oscommerce.com
ubercart.org
tomatocart.com
digistore.co.nz
spreecommerce.com

Regards,
Patrick

Old 01-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Karanbir Singh

hi Patrick,

On 01/26/2012 06:42 PM, Patrick Lists wrote:
>> It would be great if there was some s/w that
>> could be installed on one of our machines that would allow us to add the
>> tshirt quantities and sizes and colours in, and then let people
>> essentially check-out.
> Wouldn't any shopping cart work for this purpose?

What are the chances you might be willing ( and have a bit of time ) to
setup one of these and help with that side of things ? I've never looked
at / into anything of this nature before and really dont have the time
to do so right now.

- KB
--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax

Old 01-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Khusro Jaleel

On 01/27/2012 12:17 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi Patrick,
>
> On 01/26/2012 06:42 PM, Patrick Lists wrote:
>>> It would be great if there was some s/w that
>>> could be installed on one of our machines that would allow us to add the
>>> tshirt quantities and sizes and colours in, and then let people
>>> essentially check-out.
>> Wouldn't any shopping cart work for this purpose?
>
> What are the chances you might be willing ( and have a bit of time ) to
> setup one of these and help with that side of things ? I've never looked
> at / into anything of this nature before and really dont have the time
> to do so right now.
>
> - KB

Hi KB, I'll have a go if you don't mind. Only just saw your email now.
I've never setup any of these though I imagine it won't be much
different to the usual web app setup.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:17 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 01/27/2012 08:40 PM, Khusro Jaleel wrote:
> Hi KB, I'll have a go if you don't mind. Only just saw your email now.
> I've never setup any of these though I imagine it won't be much
> different to the usual web app setup.

Excellent, and thanks!

I've got a VM earmarked for this, lets sync up on irc/offlist email and
get a suiteable hosting resource setup and we can take it from there.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Patrick Lists

On 27-01-12 01:17, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi Patrick,
>
> On 01/26/2012 06:42 PM, Patrick Lists wrote:
>>> It would be great if there was some s/w that
>>> could be installed on one of our machines that would allow us to add the
>>> tshirt quantities and sizes and colours in, and then let people
>>> essentially check-out.
>> Wouldn't any shopping cart work for this purpose?
>
> What are the chances you might be willing ( and have a bit of time ) to
> setup one of these and help with that side of things ? I've never looked
> at / into anything of this nature before and really dont have the time
> to do so right now.

I haven't recently looked into those carts either Unless someone with
more/any shopping cart experience wants to step up I'll be happy to set
one up. Will follow up with you offline.

Regards,
Patrick

Old 02-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Karanbir Singh

Hi Guys,

Thanks for Khusro's efforts, we now have http://promo.centos.org/ online
( and there are still some T-Shirts there .. )

Old 02-20-2012, 08:43 PM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

On 02/20/2012 08:13 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Thanks for Khusro's efforts, we now have http://promo.centos.org/ online
> ( and there are still some T-Shirts there .. )

There are some problems with hosting company, so that site is at the
moment inaccessible.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...

Old 02-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 02/20/2012 09:43 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>> Thanks for Khusro's efforts, we now have http://promo.centos.org/ online
>> ( and there are still some T-Shirts there .. )
> There are some problems with hosting company, so that site is at the
> moment inaccessible.

yeah, I'm working with them to get it back online.