Old 01-20-2012, 05:56 PM
R P Herrold

Default What name would be acceptable for Desktop version of CentOS?

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

> I would like to stay as close as possible to CentOS name,
> because it practically is CentOS, with third-party
> repositories enabled

You know, the CentOS project takes much care to avoid coming
'too close' to the trade marks of others ... It is just
unfriendly not to respect that effort and history, and to
consciously try to be 'as close as possible' to the mark of
another

the proposed name form will cause brand confusion in the mind
of un-careful readers who do not follow 'inside baseball'
branding issues. It will result in 'load' coming to the
CentOS support venues, rather than the place that shipped
non-CentOS code. When the such confused souls do show up
anyway in CentOS support venue, the load will fall on people
other than your sub-project, Ljubomir. Is this just?

Please choose something else

my $0.02

-- Russ herrold

Old 01-21-2012, 03:36 AM
Mike

Fedora

Old 01-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

On 01/21/2012 05:36 AM, Mike wrote:
> Fedora

You said "Bugs" or "Perpetum restituo" (Constant reinstall) ?

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...

Old 01-23-2012, 08:25 PM
R P Herrold

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

> On 01/23/2012 05:28 PM, David Hrbáč wrote:
>> Dne 23.1.2012 15:36, Ljubomir Ljubojevic napsal(a):

> particularly). My sincere apologies. But you have to concede that
> consequence for noob user is the same regardless of the cause.

question: What does all this have to do with CENTOS
DEVELOPMENT ?

answer: nothing, but Ljubomir knows people here will answer

Take this elsewhere ... please, now ; main has been ruined
with chat and OT chatter. I won't have it here

-- Russ herrold