FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-30-2011, 01:04 PM
Adrian Cruceru
 
Default missing SRPMS?

Hi,

Seems that a few source RPMs are missing from the link:
http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6.0/os/SRPMS/Packages/

(bash, nss-util, I could attempt to make a list if needed)

These are available here:
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/os/SRPMS

Will missing the mirror be updated soon?, can I help?

Thank you,
Adrian
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 11-30-2011, 01:15 PM
Johnny Hughes
 
Default missing SRPMS?

On 11/30/2011 08:04 AM, Adrian Cruceru wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Seems that a few source RPMs are missing from the link:
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6.0/os/SRPMS/Packages/
>
> (bash, nss-util, I could attempt to make a list if needed)
>
> These are available here:
> ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/os/SRPMS
>
> Will missing the mirror be updated soon?, can I help?

No, we just need to gather them all up from our build system and get
them there. But we are currently trying to firm up 6.1 release. The
only ones that are modified are the ones that have a .centos in the name
and the kernels ...

We will get them updated, but they reside on the same machines as the
rest of the build system and right now we think the bandwidth and
processing power for getting 6.1 out (ie, 6.1 built, troubleshoot,
rebuilt, to QA, etc.) is more important than trying to gather and push
SRPMS that are likely 95% or more unchanged.

When we get 6.1 released, all the SRPMS will also be released.

If there is a specific modified SRPM that you need before that, ask me
and I can put it somewhere.

_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 12-13-2011, 04:10 AM
Steven Crothers
 
Default missing SRPMS?

Correct me if I'm wrong but in order to make GPL happy you /only/ need to put up SRPMs for .centos packages right? If so, why not save yourself the trouble of a full tree? If people want SRPMs so badly they can go get them off the ftp server imho. I know that's what I do to rebuild PHP-mysql against Percona instead of wasting my time going some long convoluted route.


On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny@centos.org> wrote:

On 11/30/2011 08:04 AM, Adrian Cruceru wrote:

> * Hi,

>

> Seems that a few source RPMs are missing from the link:

> http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6.0/os/SRPMS/Packages/

>

> (bash, nss-util, I could attempt to make a list if needed)

>

> These are available here:

> ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/os/SRPMS

>

> Will missing the mirror be updated soon?, can I help?



No, we just need to gather them all up from our build system and get

them there. *But we are currently trying to firm up 6.1 release. *The

only ones that are modified are the ones that have a .centos in the name

and the kernels ...



We will get them updated, but they reside on the same machines as the

rest of the build system and right now we think the bandwidth and

processing power for getting 6.1 out (ie, 6.1 built, troubleshoot,

rebuilt, to QA, etc.) is more important than trying to gather and push

SRPMS that are likely 95% or more unchanged.



When we get 6.1 released, all the SRPMS will also be released.



If there is a specific modified SRPM that you need before that, ask me

and I can put it somewhere.




_______________________________________________

CentOS-devel mailing list

CentOS-devel@centos.org

http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel




--
Steven Crotherssteven.crothers@gmail.com

_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 12-13-2011, 05:40 AM
"John R. Dennison"
 
Default missing SRPMS?

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 12:10:36AM -0500, Steven Crothers wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong but in order to make GPL happy you /only/ need to
> put up SRPMs for .centos packages right? If so, why not save yourself the
> trouble of a full tree? If people want SRPMs so badly they can go get them
> off the ftp server imho. I know that's what I do to rebuild PHP-mysql
> against Percona instead of wasting my time going some long convoluted route.

Ok, you're corrected.

The project needs to supply srpms.




John
--
Most people hate the idea of evolution because they realize that if it were
working properly, they'd be dead.

-- Anonymous
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 12-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Charlie Brady
 
Default missing SRPMS?

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> On 11/30/2011 08:04 AM, Adrian Cruceru wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Seems that a few source RPMs are missing from the link:
> > http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6.0/os/SRPMS/Packages/

http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6.1/os/SRPMS

is 404 too.

http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6.1/updates/SRPMS/readme.txt

exists, but has incorrect content.

> When we get 6.1 released, all the SRPMS will also be released.

ETA please.

> If there is a specific modified SRPM that you need before that, ask me
> and I can put it somewhere.

anaconda please.

_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 12-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Greg Bailey
 
Default missing SRPMS?

On 12/16/2011 1:39 PM, Charlie Brady wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Nov 2011, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>
>> On 11/30/2011 08:04 AM, Adrian Cruceru wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Seems that a few source RPMs are missing from the link:
>>> http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6.0/os/SRPMS/Packages/
>

Appears to be at:

http://vault.centos.org/6.1/os/SRPMS/Packages/


>
>> If there is a specific modified SRPM that you need before that, ask me
>> and I can put it somewhere.
> anaconda please.


http://vault.centos.org/6.1/os/SRPMS/Packages/anaconda-13.21.117-1.el6.centos.src.rpm

Memory fades; was the decision made to just keep the SRPMS in
vault.centos.org and not push them out to the mirrors?

thanks,
Greg

_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 12-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Johnny Hughes
 
Default missing SRPMS?

On 12/16/2011 02:39 PM, Charlie Brady wrote:
>
> On Wed, 30 Nov 2011, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>
>> On 11/30/2011 08:04 AM, Adrian Cruceru wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Seems that a few source RPMs are missing from the link:
>>> http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6.0/os/SRPMS/Packages/
>
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6.1/os/SRPMS
>
> is 404 too.
>
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6.1/updates/SRPMS/readme.txt
>
> exists, but has incorrect content.
>
>> When we get 6.1 released, all the SRPMS will also be released.
>
> ETA please.
>
>> If there is a specific modified SRPM that you need before that, ask me
>> and I can put it somewhere.
>
> anaconda please.


http://vault.centos.org/6.1/os/SRPMS/Packages/


_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 12-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Johnny Hughes
 
Default missing SRPMS?

On 12/16/2011 02:47 PM, Greg Bailey wrote:
> On 12/16/2011 1:39 PM, Charlie Brady wrote:
>> On Wed, 30 Nov 2011, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>
>>> On 11/30/2011 08:04 AM, Adrian Cruceru wrote:
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> Seems that a few source RPMs are missing from the link:
>>>> http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6.0/os/SRPMS/Packages/
>>
>
> Appears to be at:
>
> http://vault.centos.org/6.1/os/SRPMS/Packages/
>
>
>>
>>> If there is a specific modified SRPM that you need before that, ask me
>>> and I can put it somewhere.
>> anaconda please.
>
>
> http://vault.centos.org/6.1/os/SRPMS/Packages/anaconda-13.21.117-1.el6.centos.src.rpm
>
> Memory fades; was the decision made to just keep the SRPMS in
> vault.centos.org and not push them out to the mirrors?

Yes ... we do not need to push SRPMS all around the world and take twice
as long for every release to sync out. SRPMS will be available from now
on only at:

http://vault.centos.org/



_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 12-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Karanbir Singh
 
Default missing SRPMS?

On 12/16/2011 08:55 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Yes ... we do not need to push SRPMS all around the world and take twice
> as long for every release to sync out. SRPMS will be available from now
> on only at:
>
> http://vault.centos.org/
>


this is reflected in the next centos-release ( post 6.2 ), where we have
added in a source repo.

Also, I'm working to have a VCS instance visible publicly that people
can track along with a script that lets anyone assemble and work with
srpms from that vcs instance.

- KB
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 
Old 12-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Charlie Brady
 
Default missing SRPMS?

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011, Greg Bailey wrote:

> On 12/16/2011 1:39 PM, Charlie Brady wrote:
> > On Wed, 30 Nov 2011, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> >
> >> On 11/30/2011 08:04 AM, Adrian Cruceru wrote:
> >>> Hi,
> >>>
> >>> Seems that a few source RPMs are missing from the link:
> >>> http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6.0/os/SRPMS/Packages/
> >
>
> Appears to be at:
>
> http://vault.centos.org/6.1/os/SRPMS/Packages/

Thanks for that link, which is useful, but I'm not sure that it is what
Adrian is asking for, which was 6.0.

There's only a recursive link at:

http://vault.centos.org/6.0/os/SRPMS/readme.txt

> >> If there is a specific modified SRPM that you need before that, ask me
> >> and I can put it somewhere.
> > anaconda please.
>
> http://vault.centos.org/6.1/os/SRPMS/Packages/anaconda-13.21.117-1.el6.centos.src.rpm

Thanks.
_______________________________________________
CentOS-devel mailing list
CentOS-devel@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:19 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org