Old 11-30-2011, 05:43 AM
Ramana Reddy

Default Regarding the Xen Headers for centOS 6.0 (32-bit)

Hi Everyone,

I installed CentOS 6.0 as VM on XenServer 6.0, but it seems that the CentOS 6.0 does
not contain xen headers. Where should I get those headers. Some how I got 64-bit
CentOS 6.0 Xen headers, and if I use in CentOS 6.0 32-bit OS, what are the complications.

How can we rewrite the 64-bit headers to 32-bit headers.* Help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ramana.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:46 AM
Corey Henderson

On 11/29/2011 11:43 PM, Ramana Reddy wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I installed CentOS 6.0 as VM on XenServer 6.0, but it seems that the
> CentOS 6.0 does
> not contain xen headers. Where should I get those headers. Some how I
> got 64-bit
> CentOS 6.0 Xen headers, and if I use in CentOS 6.0 32-bit OS, what are
> the complications.
> How can we rewrite the 64-bit headers to 32-bit headers. Help in this
> regard is highly appreciated.

The el6 kernel uses pvops for xen, so the headers are in the
kernel-devel package:

$ rpm -ql kernel-devel | grep xen

Hope this helps.

--
Corey Henderson
http://cormander.com/

Old 11-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Ramana Reddy

Thanks for your quick reply, and I verified the kernel-devel package, but
its missing xen headers. In fact there is no xen subfolder in that kernel-devel package.
I would be happy, if you can provide some source where xen headers are available for centOS 6.0 (32-bit).

I installed kernel-devel package with `yum install kernel-devel` command.

Thanks,
Ramana.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

Vreme: 11/30/2011 04:50 PM, Ramana Reddy piše:
> Thanks for your quick reply, and I verified the kernel-devel package, but
> its missing xen headers. In fact there is no xen subfolder in that
> kernel-devel package.
> I would be happy, if you can provide some source where xen headers are
> available for centOS 6.0 (32-bit).

Maybe this page can help you:
http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/RHEL6Xen4Tutorial

--