Old 11-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Alex Agranov

Default cr/SRPMS/Packages empty

So what was the decision about the %subj%?
Specifically, where can I find the SRPM for the latest kernel from CR/ repository? (kernel-2.6.32-131.17.1.el6.src.rpm)

I searched both CentOS mirrors and vault.centos.org but couldn't find anything...
--
Alex

________________________________

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential material. They are intended solely for the use of the designated individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, use, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you have received this email in error please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this message

Old 11-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Leon Fauster

http://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/os/SRPMS/kernel-2.6.32-131.17.1.el6.src.rpm

--
LF

Old 11-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Alex Agranov

Yep - I know that RHEL sources can be freely downloaded. But I'm looking for CentOS branded kernel sources... Or at least a corresponding "branding patch"...
---
Alex

________________________________

Old 11-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Kevin Stange

On 11/11/2011 01:58 PM, Alex Agranov wrote:
> Yep - I know that RHEL sources can be freely downloaded. But I'm looking for CentOS branded kernel sources... Or at least a corresponding "branding patch"...

CentOS does not modify most packages at all. I don't think there's any
branding in the kernel, and the release notes do not indicate it was a
package that has been modified:

http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS6.0#head-feba6cc1fa1e8712c064ea258a286508a42b6de1

--
Kevin Stange
Chief Technology Officer

Old 11-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Johnny Hughes

On 11/11/2011 01:58 PM, Alex Agranov wrote:
> Yep - I know that RHEL sources can be freely downloaded. But I'm looking for CentOS branded kernel sources... Or at least a corresponding "branding patch"...
> ---
> Alex

We are in the middle of gathering all these files up and getting the
ISOs built for 6.1 to actually boot.

I will get the latest kernel I have access to and get it here in about
30 minutes:

http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/c6kernel/

Old 11-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Akemi Yagi

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Kevin Stange <kevin@steadfast.net> wrote:
> On 11/11/2011 01:58 PM, Alex Agranov wrote:
>> Yep - I know that RHEL sources can be freely downloaded. But I'm looking for CentOS branded kernel sources... Or at least a corresponding "branding patch"...

That was talked about within this thread early on. See this post:

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2011-October/008240.html

Akemi

Old 11-14-2011, 02:17 AM
"Alexey Asemov (Alex/AT)"

> We are in the middle of gathering all these files up and getting the
> ISOs built for 6.1 to actually boot.
>
> I will get the latest kernel I have access to and get it here in about
> 30 minutes:
>
> http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/c6kernel/

Oh, thanks a lot. That's what was REALLY needed.

Alexey Asemov (Alex/AT)