Old 11-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Karanbir Singh

Default moving the CR repo into mainstream release

hi guys,

We are still in the early days of CentOS-6, and perhaps a change in
policy at this time might be acceptable. I'd like to propose moving the
CR repo into the mainline repos. So the change I'm proposing is :

- to have a /6/ release that is always updated.

- to have the /6.X/ releases that are contained to within that point release

what this means is that /6/ will point at the most recent release of
6.X/ for the os/ & isos/ repo. The other repos would be local to the /6/
symlink, and will be always updated ( and stay that way ).

there is going to be quite a lot of implications backend / mirror side
that we will need to work out, but its effort + pain as a one off, for
what can be a major improvement in the user experience.

thoughts ?

- KB

Tue Nov 1 16:30:03 2011