Old 11-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Karanbir Singh

Default cr/SRPMS/Packages/ empty

On 10/27/2011 04:57 AM, Tetsuo Handa wrote:
> My apologies. I was misunderstanding. I was assuming that making changes in
> "struct security_operations" breaks the kABI. But it seems it does not.

excellent, lets do it then.

> Does the cplus kernel accept source code not within RHEL's kernel SRPM?

yes, the patches and driver updates are from outside ( in some cases
backports of potentially next-release stuff from upstream ).

so, is it just a case of getting a work-flow in place and trialling the
process ?

- KB

Old 11-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Tetsuo Handa

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 10/27/2011 04:57 AM, Tetsuo Handa wrote:
> > My apologies. I was misunderstanding. I was assuming that making changes in
> > "struct security_operations" breaks the kABI. But it seems it does not.
>
> excellent, lets do it then.

I see. Created http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=5219 for this topic.
Thank you.

Old 11-29-2011, 02:24 PM

> > So just to keep with the theme of things, what is the
> feeling if I were :
> >> - to drop the CR/SRPMS into vault.c.o
> >> - add a .repo stanza into the centos-release-cr rpm with a
> [sources]
> >> pointing to the right place
> >
> > I'm fine with that approach.
>
> I'll work on getting this done for later today; it might be a while
> before the srpms show up ( give it a day or two ).

Hi all, any news about this?

Old 11-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Johnny Hughes

On 11/29/2011 09:24 AM, centos1@iotti.biz wrote:
>>> So just to keep with the theme of things, what is the
>> feeling if I were :
>> [sources]
>>>
>>> I'm fine with that approach.
>>
>> I'll work on getting this done for later today; it might be a while
>> before the srpms show up ( give it a day or two ).
>
> Hi all, any news about this?

There are some here:

http://vault.centos.org/6.0/cr/SRPMS/Packages/

The rest will have to wait until we release 6.1 ... we are trying to get
this done.