-   -   mod_perl 2.0.5 rpms for Centos 6 (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos-development/580306-mod_perl-2-0-5-rpms-centos-6-a.html)

Fred Moyer 09-26-2011 06:02 PM

mod_perl 2.0.5 rpms for Centos 6

I put together a few mod_perl 2.0.5 rpms for Centos 6. This is my first foray into contributing to Centos, so any tips on how to get these into the pipeline are welcome. Thanks!

http://people.apache.org/~phred/mod_perl-2.0.5-1.src.rpm
http://people.apache.org/~phred/mod_perl-2.0.5-1.i386.rpm
http://people.apache.org/~phred/mod_perl-devel-2.0.5-1.i386.rpm

Greg Swallow 09-28-2011 06:27 AM

On 9/26/11, Fred Moyer <fred@redhotpenguin.com> wrote:
> I put together a few mod_perl 2.0.5 rpms for Centos 6. This is my first
> foray into contributing to Centos, so any tips on how to get these into the
> pipeline are welcome. Thanks!

Your contribution might be more appropriate for the rpmforge-extras
repository - more info here
http://lists.repoforge.org/pipermail/users/2010-November/018282.html
and here:
http://repoforge.org/package/

Karanbir Singh 09-28-2011 08:51 AM

mod_perl 2.0.5 rpms for Centos 6

Hi Fred,

On 09/26/2011 07:02 PM, Fred Moyer wrote:
> I put together a few mod_perl 2.0.5 rpms for Centos 6. This is my first foray into contributing to Centos, so any tips on how to get these into the pipeline are welcome. Thanks!
>
> http://people.apache.org/~phred/mod_perl-2.0.5-1.src.rpm
> http://people.apache.org/~phred/mod_perl-2.0.5-1.i386.rpm
> http://people.apache.org/~phred/mod_perl-devel-2.0.5-1.i386.rpm

Thanks, I'll get these setup for the CentOS Plus repo and get them into
testing shortly.

Do you think they will build + run on CentOS-5 as well ?

- KB

Fred Moyer 09-28-2011 04:06 PM

mod_perl 2.0.5 rpms for Centos 6

[response to digest list thread]

> Message: 8
> Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 09:51:45 +0100
> From: Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS-devel] mod_perl 2.0.5 rpms for Centos 6
>
> Hi Fred,
>
> On 09/26/2011 07:02 PM, Fred Moyer wrote:
>> I put together a few mod_perl 2.0.5 rpms for Centos 6. This is my first foray into contributing to Centos, so any tips on how to get these into the pipeline are welcome. Thanks!
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~phred/mod_perl-2.0.5-1.src.rpm
>> http://people.apache.org/~phred/mod_perl-2.0.5-1.i386.rpm
>> http://people.apache.org/~phred/mod_perl-devel-2.0.5-1.i386.rpm
>
> Thanks, I'll get these setup for the CentOS Plus repo and get them into
> testing shortly.
>
> Do you think they will build *+ run on CentOS-5 as well ?

Thanks Karanbir. I don't know if they will run on Centos-5, but I
don't know if any dependencies offhand that would prevent that. If
they don't build for 5, I have a VM that I can make a build with for
that version, all my physical machines are on 6 now (and 6 is awesome
by the way).

Karanbir Singh 09-29-2011 12:05 PM

On 09/28/2011 05:06 PM, Fred Moyer wrote:
> Thanks Karanbir. I don't know if they will run on Centos-5, but I
> don't know if any dependencies offhand that would prevent that. If

excellent, I'll have a look and get them into the Testing repo, we can
then look at moving them into CentOS Plus, pending feedback.

> they don't build for 5, I have a VM that I can make a build with for
> that version, all my physical machines are on 6 now (and 6 is awesome
> by the way).

Let me put them into the centos build cycle, if anything strange comes
through I'll pass it onto you.

- KB