Old 09-22-2011, 03:25 PM
Gianluca Cecchi

Default Any update about 6.1 and/or 6.0 CR?

Hello,
I'm going to set up a lab with freeIPA v2 and so as it is a tech
preview in rh el 6.1 I would like to use CentOS 6.0/CR or final 6.1.
Is there any update on expected release time for those?
Thanks in advance,
Gianluca

Old 09-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 09/22/2011 04:25 PM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm going to set up a lab with freeIPA v2 and so as it is a tech
> preview in rh el 6.1 I would like to use CentOS 6.0/CR or final 6.1.
> Is there any update on expected release time for those?
> Thanks in advance,

the mechanism, the process and the path are now setup, you should start
seeing rpms fairly soon.

- KB

Old 09-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Gianluca Cecchi

Well done!
I'm also planning to migrate in place a rh el 6.1 cluster that hosts many vm to centos...
But for that I eventually open a new thread

Old 09-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Karanbir Singh

On 09/24/2011 09:12 AM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> Well done!
> I'm also planning to migrate in place a rh el 6.1 cluster that hosts
> many vm to centos...
> But for that I eventually open a new thread

that sounds good, a few migration guides would be very welcome on the
wiki. If you have the time to do so, please consider contributing those.

<request> try not top-posting</request>

- KB

Old 09-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Leon Fauster

http://qaweb.dev.centos.org/qa/node/114

--
LF

Old 09-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Gianluca Cecchi

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 09/24/2011 09:12 AM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
>> Well done!
>> I'm also planning to migrate in place a rh el 6.1 cluster that hosts
>> many vm to centos...
>> But for that I eventually open a new thread
>
> that sounds good, a few migration guides would be very welcome on the
> wiki. If you have the time to do so, please consider contributing those.
>
> <request> try not top-posting</request>

Sorry.. I was sending with the phone and didn't realize the top
posting matter from there...

I'm waiting Ralph to add me to the correct ACL for the wiki, so that
in the mean time I can translate some release notes into Italian..

Gianluca